Wonga repayment battle

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3937 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys I'm having difficulty with wonga and require some advice.I took the advice previously from here and opened a new account and transfered my wages,direct debit etc etc so they raid my account,but I'm in dispute in getting a repayment plan.Basicaly I filled out the income expenditure form on their website,but the minimum repayments would have left me with next to nothing to live on,so I contacted them and the guy said just except the an but delay the first payment a couple of weeks and a member of our financial hardship dep will contact you.I followed these instructions,as you can imagine I heard nothing.I emailed wonga explaining this and asked for their account number and sort code so I can make payments towards my account,surprisingly they sent me them so I have made weekly payments of £10 over the last couple of weeks.they have now sent me an email:

Hi,

We have used the information you provided to evaluate the circumstances of the customer.

We really do appreciate your current financial difficulties; however, on the basis of the information you provided, there is no offer made. We also need a list of creditors and the amounts outstanding with them, please provide us with your reason for your current financial hardship, along with any evidence to support that fact.

We do require the following:

REDUCTION IN SALARY- Salary Receipt

3-6 Month Bank Statement ;

P45 if currently unemployed or

Proof of Benefits.

Over burden of debt : 2 bill prints

To help get you get out of debt in a reasonable timeframe we would urge you to consider an amount and get back to us with an offer.

Wonga.com

Hardship Department

0844 8429 110

--------------- Original Message ---------------

Sent: 02/08/2013 06:33

To: debtmanagement@wonga.com

Subject: repayment plan

Dear sir/madam

I am writing to you as I was recently contacted by your colleague regarding paying back my debt with wonga.com.I have already requested and received your account number and sort code in order to make repayments, and have already made a first instalment of £10.i enclose my income and expenditure incase you should require it.I will continue to make £10 weekly instalments as unfortunately, at the moment that is all I can afford,once my financial situation improves, I intend on increasing my payments in order to repay my debt as soon as possible.As I stated before in previous emails,I sincerely apologise for my situation and I have every intention of repaying my debt to wonga.com.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated,cheers

Regarding their silly I&E form... lie on it. Seriously. They never check anything you send them. Just change the payments on it until you get the repayment plan you want.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

They cannot demand a minimum payment for a PDL debt. The minimum payment is decided on YOUR financial circumstances. Not whatever number they decide on.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

So what should be my next coarse of action?they've basically left the ball in my court now, they want me to proof my hardship by sending in bank statements, wage slips and anything else to proof I can't afford more than £10 a week.

You dont have to send any of that crap. You could send a simplified budget summary but thats it.

Is there anything in your circumstances that could aid your cause? I would not however send them anything like list of creditors equally if you have given them your debit card details then cancel your card asap.

If it was me I would cobble together an I&E (i think if you google NEDCAB) there is a decent one there with the "trigger Figures in" leaving yourself £1 a month or even negative then either offer them that or nothing. At least you will have shown willing .

I sent them proof of benefits and I haven't paid in over a year ( I don't have anything to pay them with)

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Is there anything in your circumstances that could aid your cause? I would not however send them anything like list of creditors equally if you have given them your debit card details then cancel your card asap.

If it was me I would cobble together an I&E (i think if you google NEDCAB) there is a decent one there with the "trigger Figures in" leaving yourself £1 a month or even negative then either offer them that or nothing. At least you will have shown willing .

I sent them proof of benefits and I haven't paid in over a year ( I don't have anything to pay them with)

Well I did an income and expenditure form on their website,then I did my own one as well which I emailed to their collections team. I opened a new bank account and have already made 2 payments of £10 over the last 2 weeks, I paid them using direct credit transfer.

Ok the reason I suggested NEDCAB website , the form is in the format of the common financial statement and the trigger figures are those that a court would accept as being reasonable . They are, in my opinion really quite generous ,although they do only cover essential expenditure. Direct transfer/faster payments is just fine as they can not take money without you saying it.

Equally if you owe 10000 and you owe wonga 1000 they would only get 10% of your disposable income

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .