Standard Life Income Protection Plan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3949 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Took out a Standard Life Income Protection Plan in 1995, after reading some of the post's regarding these plans, now believe it was not required as I was entitled to Full Company Sick Pay. at the time it was sold the Financial Advisor informed me that I could use up my Company Sick Pay, then apply for the Income Protection when the Sick Pay ran out, can this be deemed as mis-selling :?:

Thanks in advance

Hello there.

I'll move your thread to the insurance forum, as I believe this is a life assurance plan.

Could you tell us a bit more please? Would you have needed to claim on the Standard Life policy because your company sick pay would have run out, as the adviser said?

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi HB,

Thanks for the response.

The advisor said once my Company Sick Pay ran out I could claim on the Standard Life Plan, at the time I took out the plan my Company Sick Pay had a maximum of 6 weeks on full pay, the advisor recommended that to continue to meet my commitments that this plan would do this.

Thanks

Thank you for that.

And do you think the policy would have done what the adviser said it would please? I mean, after 6 weeks or a bit longer when your company sick pay ran out, would you have been able to claim off the Standard Life policy?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum