Problems with P45

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3959 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Posting this on behalf of a couple of friends of mine who ran the UK office of an overseas business.

There was a major falling out about 6 months ago and one of my friends was dismissed and the other resigned. Both had their hands forced but in order to bring the whole sorry saga to an end, they went along with it.

Anyway, one of them has now received her P45 etc but it was all filled out wrong - including her date of birth! She has asked for the correct documents but the UK solicitor has not been paid by the head office and will therefore not now talk to her.

The other friend who was dismissed has not received any information whatsoever and has no P45, P60 or anything.

Can anyone help point me in the direction of the legislation that they can quote to try and resolve this?

Many thanks

what advice have HMRC given? they can be very helpful asking employers awkward questions.. or do I mean inland revnue? the tax dudes anyway!!

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

They haven't yet. Tbh it's been all so awful for them. They've been accused of all sorts of things they haven't done and loads of expenses have been withheld. It seems now that the guy who owns the business just wanted to close the UK office but my friends had worked for them for quite a while and so presumably would have ben entitled to a fair whack in redundancy. One of my friends became very ill over it all so I think they were hoping they could just get their documents and draw a line under it. Sadly it seems that isn't going to happen. I will speak to them now and get them to call HMRC and let you know what they say.

Just had a call from my friend. He contacted HMRC who said contact ACAS who said there was nothing they could do! They can't afford a solicitor sadly so want to write to their ex employer direct. Any suggestions?