Striking out the claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3959 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi - would appreciate any advice on how to proceed given the following situation:

A few months ago I was dismissed on the grounds of "some other substantial reason". I followed the company's appeal process and was unsuccessful and a result I have lodged a claim at the Employment Tribunal. I submitted my claim and at the last possible moment, the Respondent submitted their response. The document bundle was due last week but has not been submitted. The Respondent has proposed a new timeline with the bundle to be submitted at the middle of next week.

My legal representation has been through my home insurance. They have said that we may as well go with the new timeline as to get the claim struck out due to the delay would take just as long.

My thoughts are that I am not worried about the reasons for delay by the Respondent. They have not adhered to the timeline and we should pursue the option of getting the claim struck out. Please could you advise on this?

Also - I am worried about the capability of the legal representation as there were a number of errors in the claim submitted to the Tribunal. They didn't come back to me with this update despite me emailing them on Monday and only found out the current situation on calling them. Are they just busy or poor?

How can I find out how effective my representation actually are?

TIA

ET timelines are more fluid than you would expect.

I am guessing if rep is via home insurance you don't have a choice over who you get? Personally I don't think this slightly late claim is a big deal and would roll with it. But if you are unhappy you need to check choices with your insurer or self represent.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!