Action at last!!!

clairec
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

At last i sent of my prelim letter on Tuesday to the Woolwich asking for my charges totalling £2835 back. Received standard letter back on Thursday and today received letter saying complaint had been escalated to Barclays and should receive response by 14th of November. I'm quite surprised they 've acted so quickly hopefully i will receive a suitable out come soon (well I can only hope)! I will keep you posted. I live in Scotland and will claim through an English small claims court if need be.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't expect too much to happen now, in 2 or 3 weeks you'll get a letter saying the charges are part of your contract with the bank etc. In the same letter you'll get a "goodwill gesture" offer of a fraction of the amount you are claiming.

Just ignore it and file your claim. (Thats the stage I'm at so far!)

24 hours in a day... 24 in a case... co-incidence???

Yep! your right! I just recieved another letter from Barclays just repeating more or less what they've said already. Just thought, that must have cost them £105 pounds so far, going by what they charge me everytime they send a letter!!He! He! You have to laugh.....

glad to hear the last bit, lba 14 days up tomorrow and had 3 more charges since SAR.. takes it upto £1170 excluding interest

lubbly jubbly

Woolwich

S.A.R sent to Woolwich 12/09/06

list of charges received 05/10/06 total £979.79

prelim sent 06/10/2006 for £979.79

LBA sent 20/10/06

3/11/06 offer recieved £485 - LBA deadline also

Capital One

S.A.R sent 05/10/06

didnt send £10 so resending on payday

LBA sent with new total being £2910!!! including recent charges since original request sent. I have now just recevied 2 new charges of £30 for forced debit card transactions oh my god they are soooo gonna get it!! I hope they make me an offer so i can tell them politely (of course) I will accept as part payment towards the total amount which will then be £2970!!!!

glad to hear the last bit, lba 14 days up tomorrow and had 3 more charges since S.A.R - (Subject Access Request).. takes it upto £1170 excluding interest

lubbly jubbly

I'm gonna use refunded money for an nice holiday what about you? Lubbly jubbly! Lol!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am owed £5,500 excl. interest by the Woolwich. I am about to send them my LBA, and then will use the small claims court in Scotland, if neccesary, to recover my money. I would love to hear if any of you have been succesful in getting your money back from the Woolwich, and any advice you have to offer will be gratefully received.

Steve. (cardrona1)

Have now received an offer of £1000 from the woolwich! As if I'm going to accept that I don't think so.

After reading paddym's thread someone pointed out that any charges refunded could still be listed in the charges print out received. Now I know I have had some charges refunded not a lot but I now need to contact the woolwich to find out which before I proceed with my MCOL, otherwise the amount I'm cliaming may be incorrect. Anyway I just thought i'd give an update will let you know how things go as they happen.

Hi,

I am owed £5,500 excl. interest by the Woolwich. I am about to send them my LBA, and then will use the small claims court in Scotland, if neccesary, to recover my money. I would love to hear if any of you have been succesful in getting your money back from the Woolwich, and any advice you have to offer will be gratefully received.

Steve. (cardrona1)

Hi Steve(cardrona1) as you will see from my recent post things are moving along nicely. I would suggest that you send your LBA but also note my last post about refunded charges make sure when you get to court stage your figures are correct. Do you have an address in England you can use for MCOL. I just think that the whole process will be faster than having to break your cliam into amounts of £750 it could take you along time to get all your money back as I think you have to wait until one claim has ended before starting the next one.

It seems to me you are doing everything correctly and asking for any help required on here is definately the way to go. Good luck any probs let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Clairec,

Thanks for the advice. Checking over my last bank statement I noticed that the Woolwich has refunded four bank charges, so Iwill re-do my figures.

Unfortunately I don't have an address in England, so I will need to go through the Scottish small claims court.

I decided to send a further request for a refund of my charges but this time attached a schedule of the charges and my interest calculations. The Woolwich haven't responded so I will be sending them a L.B.A. on Monday.

Good Luck! Let me know how you get on.

cardrona1

• 1 month later...

Hi there folks! Happy new year to you all!

I'm in need of some advice, since my last post I've let my progress with the woolwich slip due to one thing or another. I have n't replied to the woolwich's offer of £1000 because i don't want to accept it, the thing is about 6 weeks have past I have tried to find out about any charges i've had refunded so my figures are correct for MCOL, they can only let me know about any in the past year. Have I made a BIG mistake in not replying to there offer (ie saying i would accept as part payment) or can I pick up from where I left it? I'm really worried now....... any help appriciated Thanks!

just pick up from where you left off remember at the start we told you your working to your timescales ? check out the templates there is a letter there rejection of settlement send them that and then carry on good luck glad to see your back at it again !

if my advice has been of any help to you then please click the scales ! Thank you :D