Action at last!!!

clairec
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6205 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

mmmm see claire what i mean cant see me doing anything Thai im telling al ! Oh by the way how west ham doing ???? rotflmfaol

if my advice has been of any help to you then please click the scales ! Thank you :D

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mmmm see claire what i mean cant see me doing anything Thai im telling al ! Oh by the way how west ham doing ???? rotflmfaol

I'm telling Al;) He's the West ham fan not me! unless of course you knew that.:D

I'm having a blonde day due to alcohol poisoning:o

When you speak to them, don't let them try to talk you into agreeing to anything other than the full amount Claire! No matter what jargon they try using!

As for them saying they can only tell you what charges they have refunded in the last year, did they put that in writing? If so I'd claim for all the charges and if it ever got to court you could show that you tried to remove them but the Woolwich wouldn't help you, cos no doubt they CAN say which charges have been refunded, they just being awkward.

24 hours in a day... 24 in a case... co-incidence???

I contacted the woowlich today and they gave me the same old story 1 year etc, I've put in writing that I want the full amount and they have 7 days to provide me with the info I requested and then i'm starting court proceedings, the clocks ticking......tick...tock...lol!

CLAIRE YOU HAVE YOUR STATEMENTS NOW I KNOW ON MINE THE FEW THAT I HAD GOT REFUNDS ON SHOWED UP LIKE THIS

27.50 UNPAID DD

-27.50 RETURNED CHARGE

have a look at your statements again see if you can work it out then if i were you id issue my claim and let them prove they have refunded you ! just my thoughts on it but at the end of the day babes its up to you !

if my advice has been of any help to you then please click the scales ! Thank you :D

Paddy I think Claire just recieved the list of charges like I did - I had to call and get them to verbally tell me over the phone what they had refunded because they don't show up:mad: - they did the 6 years for me, this is obviously a new tactic - or one I haven't heard of. Claire did you say all the things in the first PM? (just out of interest). No matter anyway hun putting it it writing is always good. I'd be tempted to complain to the IC too because those refunds IMO are actions on your account and should be part of your data request.

Either way you'll win. :D

yes she will win we are sure on that but its just the messing about they are putting her too which frustrates all of us stalling tactics when i got mine i actually had to phone peter townsend and tell him that the information he had sent was usless and that i required all my data that they had on their files about me it took a bit of time and effort and a threat that i would inform the information commissioners office that they were in breach of the data protection act but eventually i got it all through !

Hi all

Sounds like delaying tactics Claire's not the only one that the woolwich are doing this to, quite a few of the more recent threads seem to have the same problem. Last year they were getting statements out well within the timescale. Seems like The IC template should be getting lots of use.

AL:)

-------------------------

CAPITAL ONE * SETTLED*31st Oct 06

HBOS *SETTLED* 8th Oct 06

WOOLWICH *SETTLED*12thJan2007

Monument (Barclays) *SETTLED*10thMar2007

Thanks for all the input guys and gals keep it coming! Just to clarify that my statements did Not include any refunds or -'s. I recieved a letter today saying they would have the information requested by Feb 6th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think so I gave them a deadline of 7 days and as pointed out to me now they should have included this information at the begining. In my letter to them asking for details of refunded charges I did state that they had told me they could only access the past years info so it is there in black and white if not from them but from me. I think I will give them until next Tuesday to respond (my deadline) and then should I start my MCOL or contact the information comms? Or both??!!!

Well my vote would be both. Your claim is affected not a jot because your figures are out - its thier fault and they'll be the first to provide you with the info when they are begging to pay. By complaining to the IC you are helping the cause in further highlighting thier schemes, and if memory serves, the office will invoice Barclays simply for being investigated:)

Hi Caire thnx for posting on my thread :) the Woolys have only sent ME a list of charges and no details of refunds made, ( Maybe an adjustment to the SAR letter may be in order) so it could part of their stalling plan. I think I shall do the information commissioner and letter to woolys at the same time re refunds and telling them I am writing to the Commissioner

www.bellyup4blues.com Just Go There !!!

Woolwich Prelim Sent 5.12.2006 !!!

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22.12.2006 (yeah I know)

16.1.2007 £1000 offer rejected

LBA sent 31.1.2007

N1 presented to Court 15.2.2007

Won / Settled 2 days before court date

£5200 plus int charges returned.

All and Leics S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22.12.2006

2nd S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 15.1.2007

Statements received

Prelim sent 31.1.2007

LBA Sent 15.2.2007

Won £1500 on receiving court date..

• 2 weeks later...

Right here comes the update!

Received letter from Woolwich stating that I would require full statements and I would have to pay £10.(I don't think so)!

Phoned them (customer relations team) told them I sent this fee months back which they returned to me. I said they had not provided me with all the data i requested and that refunded charges were actions on my account.

They said to speed up the process back then they only sent a list of charges(it took them about 36 days)!

Eventually they said full statements would be sent free of charge and they would also calculate for me the total minus the charges and make me a new offer. I was told to make sure I called them to discuss the offer and not to reject it before discussing it with them. Perhaps they are negotiating offers now? Who knows?

Anyway I want to proceed without the appropriate figures but I am worried that if it comes to court they will be seen as trying to provide me with the info but I have went ahead with incorrect figures anyway????

P.S I can't find template for Info Coms letter can someone point me in the right place? Ta for now claire

hmmn sounds a little interesting clair wonder what other people think??

is this the letter your after? Its the one I sent to them

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

Delboy

www.bellyup4blues.com Just Go There !!!

Woolwich Prelim Sent 5.12.2006 !!!

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22.12.2006 (yeah I know)

16.1.2007 £1000 offer rejected

LBA sent 31.1.2007

N1 presented to Court 15.2.2007

Won / Settled 2 days before court date

£5200 plus int charges returned.

All and Leics S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22.12.2006

2nd S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 15.1.2007

Statements received

Prelim sent 31.1.2007

LBA Sent 15.2.2007

Won £1500 on receiving court date..

TBH Claire I don't know what i'd do, although I'd be tempted to call back personally and demand them quicksmart (thats just me though) I would tell them they have 7 days or you will proceed to court with an estimated figure and furthermore your particulars of claim will highlight the banks refusal to comply with the Data Protection act 1998.

Re thier asking to call before rejection, that just sounds as though they want to use scare tactics to make you see things thier way. I would not make that call and just reject everything that falls short of your total claim.

This is your claim and your money - they barely exist in this procedure. You call all the shots because they are simply not in control of the law.

(did I manage to convey my utter contempt for these 'people'?!:D )

I personally think the woolwich have now realised that we are not going to be fobbed off with their crappy letters they have been sending us although all the latest members to get settlements over the phone have actually started court proceedings and indeed have had dates for their cases to be heard so on reflection yes i would ring them see what they have to offer if you dont like it reject it nothing ventured nothing gained its not as if its going to take us any longer !

**BTW good to see you on form Thailand dont be a stranger - we miss you ! lol **

Thanks again Paddy, Thai, and Delboy(I'm still watching your thread!) I think I'm gonna play them a their game ( patience is a virtue) , I'm gonna let them make me another offer, if it does'nt work in my favour then I'll just take them to court. At the end of the day they will have to pay interest on the correct figure and I'm gonna let them know that at the end of the day I don't have anything to lose!! I'll keep you all updated as things progress!

Thanks Claire

Okay Claire hun - its your call, just remember IMO they won't shift until you make them. I do hope you pursue your full claim, but everybodys financial situation is different, however I hope you can understand Claire its frustrating watching an outfit like this divide your money as it sees fit!!!!

I personally feel they only want to get away with paying what they want, as they consider it a victory to them.

Keep us updated:o and remember patience is a virtue - but we are dealing with corrupt companies;)

Hi All,

I`m a little confused as to what I should be doing with regards to the partial settlement offer i have recieved from Barclays/Woolwich ( only 2 days after they recieved my LBA !!! ).

I`m claiming just shy of £1800 and they have offered £850, obviously I want to tell them to RAM it in a polite way, but my question is......

Do i accept as part payment and go for the rest via the court? ( If so, what do i do with regards to ammending my claim etc )

Or, do i reject it??? ( At this stage, I have the tel number of the guy who sent me the letter, do i call him and tell him what a joke his offer is?? ) or do i send the letter in the forum regarding rejection of offer???

Any help would be much appreciated.......

Keep up the good work.

Dave.

Hi Dave!

If your not happy with the offer then you will find a template for a rejection letter in the library, you can also call them to discuss (as they advised me) if they won't budge then proceed as you have been.

Just remember the ball is in your court and its up to you which way you send it!

Let me know how you get on, Claire.

Dave...

I rejected my "gesture of goodwill" (as they put it!) but others have accepted it as part payment. It doesn't really make too much difference although as you have realised, it makes the paperwork easier if you reject it!

P.S. Start your own thread and we'll be supporting you all the way!

24 hours in a day... 24 in a case... co-incidence???