kwik fit insurance

Teddybear154
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3967 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took out car insurance with kwik fit at beginning of may. When I was buying a new second hand car. They have messed me around from the start and im not happy.

When I took out the car insurance i took breakdown cover with it as I always take break down cover with my car insurance. I was told at time when took out the insurance that I would be covered for the break down straight away. I paid a large amount of the insurance up front. I went the next day to collect car and unfortunately on the way home car broke down. I was in the middle of no where.

I phoned up kwik fit brake down number and the person I spoke to was very rude, they demanded that I gave them my debit or credit card detail when I asked why they said i would have to pay for the breakdown service. £120 for them to come out £120 just to look at car, plus labor if they could fix car at road side or £2 per mile if car needed to be towed. I tried to explain that I had the break down service included with my car insurance and that there was no way I was going to pay again. They said they had no record of this and could not help then and proceeded to hang up on me leaving me stranded.

I ended up having to phone up AA and taking out cover on the spot. It wasn't cheap but cheaper than what kwik fit wanted.

The next morning I had a phone call saying they had found my detail and would I like the break down to come out. What a joke it was too late by then, I was already home.

Later that week they contacted me to ask me to send my proof of no claims bonus, I faxed it twice and emailed it twice. But over the next 2 weeks that kept denying they had recieved it, I email and faxed proof several more times. I can understand it getting lost maybe once or twice but not that many times. The next thing I know they have doubled my insurance and help them selfs to more money by direct debit without informing me.

I complained and just kept getting the run around. Then they accused me of not paying last months payment and said I had cancelled my direct debit . I checked with my bank and this was not the case my bank statement shows the money went out and they recieved it and my bank confirmed direct debit was still active. I have supplied them with proof of payment and that direct debit is still active. But they don't care and wont listen.

Today I have Received a letter say my insurance has been cancelled and I have discovered they have help them selves to another £200.

I am sick of it and just want my money back. I have done nothing wrong they are the ones who have broken there end of contract. Do you think I stand any chance of getting my money back, what is the best corse of action for making a formal complain. And how much if any of my money can i ask for back.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

if they have taken sums from your bank account by DD

without writing to inform you it was coming out

then phone your bank and invoke the DD guarantee

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to kwik fit insurance