Stain on Dress Cannot get Refund

Nick_968
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3976 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My other half bought two dresses from a well known high street store,

tried them on at home and returned them,

they refused to refund one dress as it had a stain on it.

They are blaming us for the stain but it was already marked but we cannot prove this.

They are saying there is absolutely no way they would have missed it as they check all dresses at point of sale,

but they clearly did miss this and the other faults on the dress which are in addition to this

- there is a clasp missing at the top of the zip at the back and a couple of other minor marks.

It is clearly a well tried on shop dress.

They have flatly refused to refund the dress and we now have to contact customer services.

The dress still has the anti tamper tags intact with a very large heavy label attached so it is obvious the dress has not been worn out of the house.

We want to take this further and will take it up via email (there is no tel number) and just wanted some advice on the best approach. The dress was £120.

It is up to them to prove that you caused the stain. Not for you to prove you didnt. Put it in writing clearly and simply to their head office. If you still get no resolution, then you would have to try small claims, although you should only use this route when you have exhausted all other means, and you are prepared to see the claim through to the end, no matter what the outcome.

You could use SOGA too.

Was this stain visible? Or is it in a inconspicuous place that you wouldnt have noticed at sale.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Use SOGA. They MUST, by law, repair, replace or refund.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

how did you pay?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Visa?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I agree do a Chargeback but also make a Formal Complaint in writing to the company concerned and point out as they have stated (always get proof of posting and keep a copy of your letter for your records):

'they check all dresses at point of sale' you would like to request a copy of the Company Policy which states the procedure for Point of Sale.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group