Default Letter from Quick Quid

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3976 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

So I have a repayment plan with Quick Quid, which I had to default on the original repayment, in order for them to agree to the repayment plan - which is fine and affordable.

They have however sent me a default letter, with their logo stamped across the envelope. I don't think this is very confidential and also quite embarrassing, as I live with family and don't want them made aware of the situation as I'm now in control.

I talked to one of their reps on live chat, who stated that they have to send me one each month until my balance is paid off, is that true? I've found that when I defaulted on my credit card, once I'd come to an arrangement with them, I didn't receive any more letters.

Any advice would be appreciated,

Many thanks!

When I defaulted, I got everything via email...even Default Notice.....so I don't know why they sent you it by post!!!

I dont know about the monthly letter but i know i did get emails, even though i was on a repayment plan, saying my account was 30 days overdue, then 60 days but it stopped after so im not sure if they know what theyre doing to be honest.

When I defaulted, I got everything via email...even Default Notice.....so I don't know why they sent you it by post!!!

I dont know about the monthly letter but i know i did get emails, even though i was on a repayment plan, saying my account was 30 days overdue, then 60 days but it stopped after so im not sure if they know what theyre doing to be honest.

I agree with you that they don't know what they're doing, that's for sure! I received an initial confirmation by email, and they've taken the money today. I understand that they need to send one letter, but one per month?

I hate the usual robotic responses from them too, it drives me mad.

Edited by jh7891

I set up a direct debit repayment plan, which other people on this site said i shouldnt have done, but i did to stop collection activity and always made sure the funds were available... This is the 2nd time they havent debited when they should have, and im getting sick of it.

Collections are useless, they cant see if a direct debit has been taken or not as it takes 2 working days to proccess they say...

personally i think its cos theres no money to be made off my account so theyre playing up!

just becareful with them...u can build so much knowledege from this site x

You would have thought it'd be quite easy to set up a Direct Debit, but they're probably playing dumb (doing a very good job at it too!) At least with a Direct Debit if they collect more than they should have done, you should be able to claim an indemnity claim from your bank.

They have details of an account that I use only for my a couple of my creditors, so they cant get near my wages!

On the day that I'm free from PDL's, I'll have to celebrate getting free from the parasites...

I tried giving them details of my pre-paid Mastercard, but they said it showed up as a credit card, so therefore couldn't be used! Idiots.

Yeah, I'd be worried if my circumstances changed and I could afford to pay it all off, they'd probably still try to collect the payments. I'd maybe save the money aside, and then once the balance is down, you could use it to pay it off a month or two early.

Have you noticed that they have a new "product" now? Their 'Flex-Credit' option, where you can top up your loan after you've borrowed...that's just asking for more repayment plans to be implemented! The temptation for those who are desperate (which most are if you have to take out a Pay Day loan, I certainly was), is all too great.