Edinburgh - Igneous/A4e or Remploy which is better for Work Group?

Between
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3709 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

This is my first post. I'm in the Work Group for ESA and I've got to sign up with a Work Group provider. In Edinburgh there is A4e (who I've heard not good things about here), Igneous and Remploy.

Does anyone know if Igneous or Remploy are good/bad in Edinburgh? My health is improving slowly and I am keen to get back to work when I feel I can manage it.

Many Thanks.

Same here. I'm currently on an Ingeus course and it's been total rubbish. Before that I was with A4e, which was grossly overcrowded and also total rubbish. I've also heard some bad things about Remploy but haven't been with them. Based on what I've read, Remploy might be the lesser of the 3 evils though - the other two definitely are awful.

(I'm in England, by the way, but I have no doubt Ingeus and A4e are the same wherever you are!) Hope you get somewhere decent.

Yeah, we hear complaints about all of the WP providers. I'd be surprised if one of them was significantly better than the others.

Of course you may get lucky and end up with a decent adviser and support, but that's not what most people here report.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

• 8 months later...

Hi there people,

I have recently finished my work program with Ingeus and the job centre want to place me on another work program, but this time it’s Remploy.

Will Remploy try to persuade me to sign a data waiver?

I know that signing this waiver can be used against you, but wasn’t sure if reemploy was the same like Ingeus?

None of them are any good, none of them care, none of them provide the support you need, all of them it is all about tick boxes and wasting peoples' time. Their main priority is to get payments for getting the client back in to work even if they are worse off. Anyone that thinks these people are there to help you need to wake up and smell the coffee

None of them are any good, none of them care, none of them provide the support you need, all of them it is all about tick boxes and wasting peoples' time. Their main priority is to get payments for getting the client back in to work even if they are worse off. Anyone that thinks these people are there to help you need to wake up and smell the coffee

I have been with Remploy years ago, but my DWP advisor said they’re much better now and will help me with my ADHD, but the last time I was with Remploy, they only offered low skill, crappy dead end jobs!

When the job centre tells me they’ve changed and their better, I feel unconvinced.

• 2 weeks later...

Totally agree with you matt, they are all a waste of time. and all they care about is their bonus when you get yourself a job!