New PPI claimant

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3996 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I'm new to this site and reading some interesting info.

I'm in the very very early stages of claiming mis-sold PPI and account cover on various credit cards.

1) MBNA - was a heavy user of credit cards up to 2006/7 - some months charged £110 PPI added to outstanding balance but I don't have all statements. Rang MBNA - said our account was opened 1995 but say they have no evidence of any PPI even though luckily I have just one copy monthly statement showing it. I've asked for full documentation to include monthly o/s balances/PPI added and interest accrued - they have offered me £520 - I returned the cheque - needless to say I doubt this will be resolved quickly so I'll keep you posted.

2) Debenhams - a/c cover - rang Debenhams - sold GE to Santander - Santander told me I took out a policy with AIG - I've written both to Santander and AIG to request copy of what I signed as I have no recollection and I opened a Debenhams card instore - it was the usual shop assistant selling job at the counter instead of paying immediately for purchases. Some copy statements - av £10/month account cover

3) House of Fraser - as above - av monthly fees £29 account cover protection insurance

4) Wallis - as above - av monthly fees £6.50

5) Lloyds loan - repaid 2007 - returned a portion of PPI so I'm claiming PPI charged not returned plus interest

All correspondence I have sent registered post so I have signed signatories of letters sent.

Will keep you posted but any advice very welcome. Just to add on the MBNA, our c/limit was £16K at the time we were paying around £110/month - we cleared this in 2007 and they sent a new card (different no - lower £8K credit limit) - the £520 offered was against the new card PPI spend and nothing on the old one even though they gave us the date we opened the account as being April 1995 and say they have no records of PPI being charged. I do.

Just to add... we had private personal insurance covering redundancy/sickness/accident/death and in addition I had a Directors personal policy covering all of these

Will keep you posted - any help/advice most welcome.

thanks