Glasgow Bus Lane Fine - Sheriff Officer Visit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3936 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The bill would only go up if you didn't challenge it. If you did challenge it, it would have gone on hold and if your challenge was successful, the charges would have been dropped. That's the whole point of the process, but it sounds like it's too late in this case.

I agree there is little difference in principle with the police situation, but in practice, they work on different sets of regulations. If it were that easy, no-one would ever pay a local authority charge again.

I had no option but to pay otherwise the sheriff officers bill was going to go up and up. If you are caught with a speed camera the police have to send you notification by recorded delivery post. I don't see the difference here

Good luck in your pursuit. I just paid mine and im forgetting about it. Things like this eat away at me and wind me up so its not good for my health. As i said in a previous post, im going to add legal protection to my home insurance so in future i don't need to worry about legal fees should anything similar happen again.

• 1 month later...

This is EXACTLY what has happened to me in the past couple of weeks!!! The house which the officers visited I have now moved out of so when my brother told me I had a ciatation I started to panic. I phoned up Stirling Park who told me on the1st of FEB I was driving in a bus lane however I have no idea where I was going etc as it has been a long time. Anyway I recieved no letters from Glasgow Council and ended up writing to them to complain that I knew nothing about this and was now being charged £166. Glasgow City simply said you were caught and we sent two letter which were not returned to them. Stirling Park said they had sent one letter which wasnt returned. I have recieved none of these letters and I am now being pursued for the full amount. I understand I was driving where I shouldnt be however all I can say is that I am not used to driving in Glasgow and with constant changes it makes it difficult to keep up. My complaint is that I was not notified of these charges and had to write to Glasgow Council and ask for the photographic evidence!!!! So now I am looking to take it higher within the council as I have heard from 3 other people that the same thing happened to them.