Job search review appointment

snowy101
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3998 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you are referring to the work program then you simply contact them on the day in question to advise you are unable to attend (if possible contact a day or two before the scheduled appointment), you won't need to provide a fit note from your GP, you should then also notify the JCP office so that you can have the appropriate form posted out (JSA28) to cover you in case the providers decide to make a referral to DMA for failing to attend.

If it is just a JCP appointment/signing then contact the office again on or before the day and the form JSA28 will be posted you for you to complete and return.

If you are referring to the work program then you simply contact them on the day in question to advise you are unable to attend (if possible contact a day or two before the scheduled appointment)

Ringing in a day or two before your appointment only spells hassle to me, as if your saying your going to be ill for afew days. they will say your not well enough to look for work, so will expect you to go on the sick.

i know someone this happened too..

Her appointment was on a wednesday afternoon she phoned in first thing tuesday morning saying she was ill.

and was told how do you know you'll still be ill tomorrow afternoon? and asked her how long she'd been ill. which she said monday oh you need to sign on the sick then was the response!

I always ring on the day if i am to ill to attend!

Also - unless they've changed the rules - I think you're only 'allowed' to miss 2 appointments by being ill; I was once told this a long time ago when I couldn't get in to sign on because I wasn't well.

Unemployed are (or were) allowed to only be ill twice a year, whereas the working people can be ill as often as they like!

Charlotte_Henderson, if you have an illness that is not a 24 hour bug then of course you can contact to advise that you are unwell and unable to attend the appointment. You may be asked how long you expect to be unable to seek work so that a new appointment can be booked if necessary.

Jasta it is true that a jobseeker can declare 2 periods of sickness in a 12 month period but "the working people" are also subject to sickness policies too, something like the Bradford Factor or something similar and they can be dismissed for exceeding the company periods of sickness. I work part time for JCP and if I exceed the sickness absences set for working hours (5 days per year) then I would face disciplinary action.

Charlotte_Henderson, if you have an illness that is not a 24 hour bug then of course you can contact to advise that you are unwell and unable to attend the appointment. You may be asked how long you expect to be unable to seek work so that a new appointment can be booked if necessary.
Oh please! That's ridiculous, someone for instance that has contracted the novovirus would in all honesty not have a clue as to how long they will be incapacitated for.

The regulations are similar to the workplace, self-certification for any period up to seven days, if a med 3 is not required then a claimants word should be good enough. And who at JCP is medically qualified to make a judgment anyway?

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

I work part time for JCP and if I exceed the sickness absences set for working hours (5 days per year) then I would face disciplinary action.

That's pretty strict. I always feel there should be no hard and fast rules for sickness as each case is unique - some people can shake off a cold in a day, others need a week. Obviously excessive absence needs to be looked into but that's the world we live in now though, sadly; all about performance. I can't recall things being like this in the 70's when I was at the DHSS.

Many years ago I'd used up my 2 'sick allowances' then had the misfortune to badly sprain my ankle, being advised to keep off it for 6 weeks. When I told the JC I was told very coldly, 'you've had your allocation, if you miss your next signing your claim will be closed'. I think that was when my own 'zero tolerance' attitude started in earnest.

osdset by typing my previous comment I only meant that under most circumstances if you had a sickness bug you would normally expect (under normal conditions) it to last 48 hours.

It is a question that is asked when a claimant contacts to advise they can't attend due to sickness, sdo I am simply advising what happens in the office I work in.

Jasta11 yes it is strict, in fact if I was to phone in sick first thing in the morning to say that I wasn't well enough to go to work I would be advised that I would be contacted at lunch time to see if I had recovered sufficiently to go to work in the afternoon.

I would also have to call in daily until I either had a fit note or returned to work.

Oh please! That's ridiculous, someone for instance that has contracted the novovirus would in all honesty not have a clue as to how long they will be incapacitated for.

The regulations are similar to the workplace, self-certification for any period up to seven days, if a med 3 is not required then a claimants word should be good enough. And who at JCP is medically qualified to make a judgment anyway?

When self certs were first introduced for first 5 days of sickness about 30 years ago, if you called in sick in a place I worked you were guaranteed a visit at some undisclosed point from the Human Resources Dept. One young guy who called in sick on a Mon morning met the HR staff member while walking back home from the corner shop merrily swinging the loaf he'd bought to go with his hangover breakfast. lol. He was back at work in the afternoon. Got a visit myself, 1 1/2 days after having an ingrown toenail removed at the hospital.

Can't see impromptu home visits being allowed these days, but can imagine some companies not being willing to accept a person's word as good enough for uncertified sickness periods, especially if they're running with minimum staff levels.

Can't see impromptu home visits being allowed these days, but can imagine some companies not being willing to accept a person's word as good enough for uncertified sickness periods, especially if they're running with minimum staff levels.

Unless an employee has a track record of absenteeism, their word should be good enough. Trust and loyalty should work both ways, unfortunately many companies regard loyalty as a one way street.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.