Another one got me stumped :)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3992 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Only 2 problems left (I think), Mousepad and System Restore failing. Windows updates successfully makes Restore points, but if you use one, it goes through the motions, but after restart says failed. I admire machines now that have a built in recovery (rather than a CD).

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

have you checked what pad drivers are available on win update (check that the 'get other drivers/software...' option is ticked first, and ensure you're on 'let me choose what to download). if one available, could try that. re restore, sometimes also it won't restore depending on what has been changed after the restore point (even though it sets a restore point!). if its just a driver, etc then sometimes the roll back or uninstall is usually a better option?

Edited by Ford

IMO

:-):rant:

Imho you really need to make a recovery cd. Backup everything and let it work its magic. One other amazing tool is hiren boot cd. I swear by that.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D