Searches help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3997 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I know generic checks, id checks, unrecorded enquiry checks appear on ur credit file but are not seen by lenders when applying for credit..

my question is, the searches you do have from searching for credit, do they reduce as time goes on as i have searches from June 6th/7th 2012 and i wondered if they become erased or not.

I think its 12mts

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Depends on what the search was labelled as and what table it was registered in. Some are removed in 3-6 months, others could stay there for 2-3 years. The best way, is as you said. Wait till monday, give them a call, and ask them specifically how long it will remain on your record for.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

From what ive only just read from ICO, it says that only searches made by debt collectors stay on experian and equifax last up to 2 years which i havent had any..... all others stay for 12 months, except defualts and ccj's, which is 6 years, and closed credit accounts also 6 years... Thanks guys x

see: http://www.ico.org.uk/Global/faqs/~/media/documents/library/Data_Protection/Practical_application/credit_explained_leaflet_2005.ashx#page=14

Credit Searches which includes ''debt collection and outstanding debt'' stay on file for 2 years, the ICO says that this are to be visible to potential lenders to enable ''proper' credit decisions.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Yeah but I'm on about the searches for credit cards and loans...not outstanding debt or debt collection in original post but thanks anyway Brig xx

TWO Years for credit searches! the debt searches are in the same category which used to be termed 'table 1 searches'.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

The best thing to do is to make sure you dont apply for anything. After 6 months or so, lenders seem to take a slightly better view of a file that doesnt have recent searches. They are removed after 2 years, but the longer you go without searches being recorded, the better.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Numerous credit apps are as damning as defaults and will seriously affect credit status foe long time, they are read as financial desperation.

Although I have 49 searches... search number 34-49 consist of 1 x unrecorded enquiry, 2 x ID Generic checks...and the rest by Experian for which it says : This information was provided to us by you when you applied for your Experian credit report online.

do these type of enquiries stay on for 6 years also??

The remaining searches are your personal searches and have no impact what so ever ID checks will go after a year I think these also have no impact on credit score.

If you have applied for credit, then other lenders will see the search.

If you apply for phone contracts, then yes, its considered a credit search.

It still shows to everyone on a file. My mistake though classing it as a "credit" search.

I had no idea that any search stayed on longer than 12 months! I was also under the impression that debt collector searches weren't visible to anyone searching you. Can anyone confirm?

Brigadier is right, searches made by debt collectors or for outstanding debt stay on file for 2 years and are seen by anyone you checks your file. Any other searches for credit ie loans credit cards bank accounts mortgages etc are between 1-2 years and are also seen by lenders. I was told 2 years but some of my searches for loans and credit cards from 1 year ago have disappeared so maybe it's 12 months for experian