DWP plots workfare for part time workers

osdset
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4003 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Mark Hoban’s speech to the Policy Exchange today, which was thankfully interrupted by campaigners from Boycott Workfare, shows it is still full steam ahead of the welfare reform gravy train. Rarely has so much utter bullsh1t been proposed with a straight face as private sector vultures circle around the DWP in the hope of scrounging ever more tax payers cash as part of the lucrative welfare reform racket.

Hoban was speaking as the results are published of the DWP’s consultation exercise to help them come up with new ideas to bully part-time workers off in-work benefits. When Universal Credit is finally launched, all claimants unable to secure full time jobs will have to continually look for ‘more or better paid work’ or have benefits stopped.

The ideas suggested in the consultation by and large come from poverty drones such as G4S, Working Links, A4e and can be roughly summarised as give us more money. A string of ideas are proposed to “increase claimants motivation and break the inertia of low pay, support self employment and address particular barriers that prevent people from working more.”

As anyone who has ever attended any form of welfare-to-work training knows, what this means in practice is some jumped up tw4t spouting the latest the buzzwords at you for an afternoon and then threatening to stop your benefits. One proposal even seems to suggest that current employers should help their workers find better paid jobs elsewhere showing what a shocking lack of awareness of the modern workforce these so called experts possess. Predictably workfare and benefit sanctions lie behind many of the proposals.

Full story http://johnnyvoid.wordpress.com/2013/06/05/dwp-plots-workfare-for-part-time-workers/#comments Edited by citizenB

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

As more and more companies are only offering part time work, this is going to be rather interesting !!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

There also seems to be a trend for Companies to take on "permanent" staff via a recruitment agency, therefore removing the neccessisty for the company to pay redundancies, period of notice etc. I have just taken such a job, driving a small van doing local deliveries variable 3 0r 5 day week. Job is very pleasent as is the principal and for my part, I dont worry if it does collapse( I dont think it will for a while) as I am semi retired and happy with that, but it is a worrying trend for "younger" workers

Under the present benefits system the rules have changed recently in preparation for Universal Credit, the under 24 hour rule has gone and if you are "matched" to a vacancy that meets your JSAg and you don't apply without good reason or refuse the position if offered then yes a referral can be made to DMA.

Flumps - what's this "under 24 rule?"

No doubt your boss will sack you if you say "I'm sorry; but I can't do that shift because I have to do workfare". Not so bad (please note: I am not agreeing with workfare) if you're lucky enough to not be required to work the same shifts every week. My mum used to have 2 jobs and both bosses knew this and she would tell them "I can't work that day because I'm working elsewhere".

I don't know the current JSA rules, but you used to be allowed to decline a job (and not face santion) if it was for less than a certain number of hours per week.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Yes Antone it used to be that no referral could be made if a job was advertised as under 24 hours unless the JSAg specifically stated looking for 16 hours and the vacancy matched perfectly, the rules have now changed and if a job matches skills and jsag etc and the adviser matches the claimant to that vacancy, if the claimant then refuses to either apply or accept the position if offered then a referral can be made to dma to consider a sanction of JSA.

The 24 hours rule no longer exists for DMA

Seeing as a significant number of DWP staff also claim tax credits and quite likely HB/CT, this is going to be fun to watch. Perhaps the unemployed customers will be signposting frontline JCP advisers towards better paid jobs at some point in the future...

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.