style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4007 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am disabled and my husband suffers from PTSD to the extent where he is continually getting worse and I have been told he will always be vulnerable and very unlikely to return to normal. I Now have to pay 25% of my council tax, I cancelled my husbands doctor appointments and my hospital appointments to be able to pay the first month albeit four weeks late and ten pounds short. I managed to get the second months payment together with the arrears of ten pounds from the previous months and paid this although again it was a month late I have informed Cornwall Council that I will pay and how much and when each month, however I yesterday received a notice from them stating that they want the full amount within seven days or take the matter to court and instruct the bailiffs to act thus incurring more charges, they are already taking money I cant afford and for the sake of four weeks I think they are being very unfair and aggressive as they do not want to take our circumstances into account even though we are not refusing or trying to avoid payment, any advice please will be most welcome

Contact the council again and copy in the Chief executive AND your MP.

Perhaps also speak to the CAB and get some specific advice. THey would be very silly to take this accoutn anywhere near a court, especially when you would be considered vulnerable under the national standards.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

would be very silly to take this accoutn anywhere near a court, especially when you would be considered vulnerable under the national standards.

Regulations regarding the issuing of a court summons take no account of vulnerability or ability to pay, nor does the granting of the liability order.

Except with council tax, the council should exercise forbearance when notified of the debtors vulnerability. If they knew before, then court action shouldnt be taken. If they are notified after, they should take back the debt if it has been passed to bailiffs.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D