E-Mail from Mackenzie Hall

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4010 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just had the following e-mail from Muck Hall:

Private & Confidential - For Attention of mr Nuclear Shark.

We have been supplied this e-mail address to contact mr Nuclear Shark.

If you are this person, please respond via telephone to 01563 556 544 quoting reference number X whereupon further detailed information can be provided.

We look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Yours Sincerely,

Mackenzie Hall Ltd

Mackenzie Hall Limited

Am I on a phishing list and should I ignore them? I've read A LOT of bad press about these clowns... I have only one call from them and that was nearly 5 weeks ago. Didn't answer as my phone was switched off!

It seems they don't even know if I am the person they want and mr is spelt Mr!

Have checked the CRA's (All Three) and nothing on there that it could be. Ignore the best course? Had no written correspondence either!

Edited by nuclearshark
Quote Marks Error

This is how I spend most of my life :ranger:

So where the hell are they getting people's email addresses from now ?

I would ignore and add their email address to your Junk/Spam list. Until they are prepared to write and tell you exactly what it is they want then there is no point in guessing.

You have advised that there is nothing on your credit file, so it is likely that anything they are pursuing is likely to be statute barred, anyway.

Muck Hall have been warned about their tracing methods and an email could very likely end up on a public computer.

I must admit, I would be very interested in finding out where the obtained your email addy.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I would be very interested where they got it from too! Unless it was their alleged client?

Done better than Junk the address... Server set to bounce it back "Recipient Not Known" for their entire domain and send me an incident report for every badly written e-mail they send. Hell if they're going to clutter my inbox with their spam... I'll help them get their mail servers blacklisted!! :lol:

Not sure on the Statue Barring though... I've only just turned 23 so it's unlikely a SB debt. I have a few debts like most. But I have come to repayment arrangements with all of them except one or two (Speedcredit and Hutchinson 3G)

You only have to e-mail a comparison site, enter a competition, or buy anything on line, and your e-mail is harvested and as on most of these functions you provide a post code the data harvest is complete, subscribe as I do to 192.com you can gather information the everyone thinks is private and secure.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

That's true in all fairness... It's come in on an address I wouldn't normally use for "Personal Business" though. Infact, it's an address which I haven't checked for a couple of months.

I'm tempted to send an e-mail from another account on that server with a Cease and Desist Communications Notice and include the insidious line "This notice is valid, even if not read by you" That might make them get a tad suspicious though! :p

I would be very interested where they got it from too! Unless it was their alleged client?

Done better than Junk the address... Server set to bounce it back "Recipient Not Known" for their entire domain and send me an incident report for every badly written e-mail they send. Hell if they're going to clutter my inbox with their spam... I'll help them get their mail servers blacklisted!! :lol:

Not sure on the Statue Barring though... I've only just turned 23 so it's unlikely a SB debt. I have a few debts like most. But I have come to repayment arrangements with all of them except one or two (Speedcredit and Hutchinson 3G)

Sorry if off topic, but how do you do this, it would be very useful to know :-D

Sorry if off topic, but how do you do this, it would be very useful to know :-D

I run my emails on my own domain (like consumeractiongroup.co.uk) and have them delivered to my Microsoft Exchange Server. I just created a delivery rule in the Admin control panel to bounce the e-mail with a "Recipient Not Known". Also added to the rule an Incident Logging function so I know how many times the server has had to bounce their e-mails. Could be useful in terms of a harassment warning!

Do you use Microsoft Exchange? Let me know and I'll link up a guide on what to do. If not let me know what e-mail system/service you use and I'll see if I can find anything :-)