EON - Incorrect Credit Reporting to Equifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4008 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Just been checking my file with Equifax and according to that i've not paid my EON bill since Feb 2012, however i've made payments every month since then. See the picture for how it looks on my file..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43894[/ATTACH]

I spoke to EON last year September maybe, about this and they advised that because there was still a remaining balance they have to report missed payments. after May i set up a direct debit to pay a fixed amount, but since then theres not been any updates, despite payments being made correctly, surely its not right that they are still reporting the account as delinquent. Also it still shows a balance and isn't a single green on there despite paying correctly for so long.

I would expect that it should have shown as green since setting up a direct debit, but even then, 4 missed payments in May isnt a true reflection of my account either. This wont be doing any favours at all.

I've complained again and am waiting for a response. Doesn't seem right at all.

Any advice on what to do if EON dont sort this out?

Hi paolorossi

Sorry for the late reply; I've been away from the forum for a week or so.

Just had a chat with one of our Data Share guys so thought I'd pop on with a bit of info about how we share data with Credit Reference Agencies.

When we share information, we give a true reflection of the status of the account at the time of the share.

Even though regular payments are being made, balances will still show as outstanding unless there's a formal arrangement in place.

On the picture you've posted, the numbers show the age of the debt in months. They're not missed payments.

Reference to a delinquent balance usually means the debt is over 6 months old.

If you set up a Direct Debit in May (depending on the date), the next month will be showing green with a 0 the next time we share. The U doesn't really mean anything. It's just that there's been no bill released, so nothing to report on.

Hope this is of interest paolorossi. Let me know if you need any more info as will be happy to help.

Malc

Hi paolorossi

Sorry for the late reply; I've been away from the forum for a week or so.

Just had a chat with one of our Data Share guys so thought I'd pop on with a bit of info about how we share data with Credit Reference Agencies.

When we share information, we give a true reflection of the status of the account at the time of the share.

Even though regular payments are being made, balances will still show as outstanding unless there's a formal arrangement in place.

On the picture you've posted, the numbers show the age of the debt in months. They're not missed payments.

Reference to a delinquent balance usually means the debt is over 6 months old.

If you set up a Direct Debit in May (depending on the date), the next month will be showing green with a 0 the next time we share. The U doesn't really mean anything. It's just that there's been no bill released, so nothing to report on.

Hope this is of interest paolorossi. Let me know if you need any more info as will be happy to help.

Malc

Hi Malc,

Thanks for your reply, however i've been paying by direct debit since last year and there hasn't yet been a single green or a 0 on my file, it is still showing the balance as it was around a year ago. The direct debit was set up correctly and i've been paying the suggested amount every month. So can you explain why there has been no updates for a year?

As you've said, paying by DD should give a green every month, but it hasn't.

Thanks