Car damage done by kids throwing stones

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4030 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

A week ago some local kids damaged my car by throwing stones in it. I have few scratches on both of the doors and the roof. When i first heard a stone hitting my car i reprimanded those kids and told them to stop it. They totally ignored me. I also have a witness who saw it. I talked their mother, of course at the beginning she was denying that they were her kids but then she admitted it. Police came over and she admitted her kids caused damage to my car and she agreed to pay it once I get written estimate to repair the scratches they caused. I've been quoted around £500 to get it done properly (painting both doors and the roof). I didn't expect her to pay £500 for few scratches so when i was at the garage i asked them if there was any other way to repair it. They told me they can polish those scratches and touch it up with paint and that's around £96 including VAT. Next day I provided her with written estimate and she agreed to pay on next Friday. Week after ( on Friday ) i knocked to her doors to get my money to cover the costs and she told me she can get it cheaper. Then she said she will bring her own solicitor to have a look at it. He came on Sunday (yesterday) to have a look at it. He wasn't even a solicitor but a man of her daughter. About half an hour after he inspected my car she sent me a txt saying she has been advised not to pay for the scratches and now she is denying to pay for the damaged. She also said that if i knock to her doors once again she will report me for harassment and intimidation, funny. It's not first time i have to deal with them because her kids already broke 5 windows in my house by throwing stones.

What would be the best solution to get out of this situation and get money to cover the damage? I wanted to be nice for them as a neighbor and dont make them pay too much for the damage but i dont see why i would be so nice for them now. Also I dont want to do it through my car insurance company because I'll lose NCB.

Thanks for advise

Michael

The Police again.

It's criminal damage, so were your windows!

Then you can apply for damages, to the car, and, possibly for the windows.

Print out this post and push it through her letterbox, don't knock!!

H

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.