passports

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4018 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We are members of the EU,and most member countries that have IDENTIFICATION CARDS are allowed access to the UK by way of these ID cards without using Passports,however we the Brits cannot leave or enter the UK without passports when going to and returning from EU countries.

I am not suggesting we go to the expense of ID cards but do suggest that no EU member can enter the UK without their full passport,ID card should not be acceptable.

In most EU countries where ID cards exist,these cards are Free or there is a very small charge

Any opinions

FS

Hello there.

I'm not sure what you're suggesting as a solution, maybe you could expand on that?

I think a French carte d'identite might cost 25 euros for example. I'm not sure how easy someone from France would find it to come the UK with that. You might know more than I do.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi H/bee..... My hopeful solution is NO entry to the UK without a Passport by anybody.

French ID card is accepted for entry into the UK and exit,my daughter in law is French,her Parents and extended family visit using ID cards only,although they are great friends and relations it is the principle that travel in and out of the UK is so easy for EU members but not for UK citizens.

French ID card Free

Regards FS

Edited by firstship

I don't get your point. You want to ban the entry of EU citizens in this country just because their system offer a free or cheaper identity document? What's the point and what's the benefit for the UK taxpayer?

What about the EU banning the entry of UK nationals just because they don't have an ID?

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

san_d Hi,you have put forward a good argument,perhaps we should be banned from Europe because we do not have ID cards.

My point with the passport for everybody wanting to come to the UK,EU and Non EU,is based on how simple it is to get an ID card in some of the EU countries

thanks for your reply

FS

The UK cannot refuse entry to EU nationals provided they have a valid national document. An identity card is a valid document.

I believe what you probably want is for the UK to exit the EU but this is different matter.

Prices of passports in this country are scandalously high.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"