Employment status and applying for a mortgage

wiosna30
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4034 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I have a question regarding employment status and applying for a mortgage.

How long my husband needs to be employee (how many months or years) to be able apply for a mortgage with me?

We went to a mortgage advisor two months ago, she said that I won't have any problems to get a mortgage with my income only and my credit history but this its not enough for us to buy a house which we need.

My husband is working but without any contracts/ agreement (so no pay slips, regular incomes, payments to his bank account) and now looks like situations will be change. He is starting to work full time as an employee having a good salary from the next Months so maybe is a chance that he can be included together with me and we will be able to buy a house which we really want and need.

We don't want to wait one year, as there is no point to pay huge rent and paying someone's else mortgage. When we can apply together ?

Many thanks in ADVANCE for all answers and help, as I am not sure if I will be able to back to the forum before Monday.

p.s.

additional helpful information:

first time buyers

deposit 10%

my scoring checking Experian: excellent, Equifax - good (no loans, no late payment etc)

my Husband scoring - we don't know yet