Confused - Acenden mortgage shortfall

Amber Leaf
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3009 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK, not sure if I'm missing something but I'm thoroughly confused by this..

I have a secured mortgage with Acenden that is due to end in February next year. I got into arrears with them about 4 years ago but cleared them and have kept my nose clean ever since.

Last week they sent me a odd letter telling me about the end date, informing me of the current balance (~£2500) that they will carry on collecting my monthly payments and that I don't need take any further action at this time. However they then go on to say that that I should make arrangements to pay any outstanding balance full next February and that they will send me a redemption statement just before this date. It's obvious to me that my current payment(£170/mo) will not pay off this balance during the next 10 months even if they stopped adding interest.

Now surely if I have a fixed-term loan with no arrears on the account then the entire balance should be paid off at the end of the term and there should be no shortfall?

I suppose the only way to find out is to make enquiries with them but I'm loathed to deal with this disgraceful outfit. Perhaps it's time for a SAR?

Yes, send the Subject Access Request in order to have all the information before making any decisions on what to do next.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 1 year later...

Hi, Could you tell me how the shortfall has ended/if ended or whereabouts you are with it, as i have just received a letter, stating in 10 months time my loan will be up but i can work out there will be a shortfall? I similarly got in arrears about 5 ors ago, but thought i had cleared the arrears and then have kept up with the payments, they told me that i should have contacted them 3 yrs ago to increase my monthly payments but have never received a letter telling me that and have not be requested to since? I'm starting to get a little worried now after googling the company and reading a few of the horror stories.

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Hello and Welcome chazzza1977,

This is an old thread, it would be better if you started a new thread in this forum with details of your problem.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert