Linked addresses from another person.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3991 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear Jackie2013/BRGADIER2JCS,

I am also experiencing the same issues with Linked addresses from another person with the same name and DOB, my Experian file is clear which I subscibe to due to the same issues in 2002 with the same person, but I have started receiving letters again from DCA's and more recently Baiilif orders to repossess goods to my horror no one ever believes you when you call to protest its a mistake, with further investigation it appears there are now CCJ's against my credit file with Equifax and Callcredit so the nightmare starts again. I too was wandering why Mortgage applications have been rejected so this has been costing me financially probably for years which is unacceptable due to no fault of my own. I really would like to take legal action against these companies for false information being added to my file does anybody have any experience or advice on pursuing such an action because I know it's going to take stress time and money to get everything cleaned up. Any advice really appreciated.

Hi welcome to CAG,

Please give some more details eg which companies are posting data on your files?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi Bridadier2jcs,

Thankyou for your welcome and prompt reply, the Baiilif issue was with Babergh Council in Suffolk, I live in Lancashire there is a CCJ apparently with Callcredit because of unpaid council tax but I am awaiting for a pin number so I can see the details and any more issues on that file with them.

Equifax have about 4 debt issues for which I have disputed and requested all details, there is also a CCJ on that file for over £4k with Nottingham Courts obviously nothing to do with me and obvious cause for concern. I will post who the companies are when I receive more details I really thought everything was clean on my file as I said earlier due to subscribing to Experian but its wrong to think you need to subscribe to all of these CRA's!! Thankyou for taking the time to read my post, really appreciated Regards Paul.

Good morning Paul, Is it only the CT debts that are linked to you wrongly or are any credit accounts involved?

Ok I can put together a letter that can be edited and sent to ALL the parties concerned, if there is any more detail

that I can use please post here.

brig.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Hi Brigadier,

These are the current defaults from Linked Addresses I have never lived at that are on my Equifax file that I only found out about on Friday when I obtained my report from them.

Loan fron Welcome Financial Services - £4903 in arrears - Start Date 12/12/2006 - Date Updated 05/04/2013

Mail Order Cabot Financial - £227 - Defaulted - Start Date 26/08/2008 - Date Updated 13/03/2013

Credit Card Cabot Financial - £394 - Defaulted - Start Date 03/04/2007 - Date Updated 07/06/2013

Mail Order Cabot Financial - £199 - Defaulted - Start Date 19/11/2007 - Date Updated 08/07/2012

CCJ From Northhampton CCBC for £4064 - Court Date 31/12/2007 !!!

I am not sure if the CCJ is related to the Loan from Welcome Financial as of yet.

The Council Tax issues are with Call Credit I dread to think what else is on that file but can only report on that when I recieve a pin number to access the file hopefully tomorrow.

Thank you once again for your help it really is appreciated and a donation will be given to this site for the great work is does.

Best regards

Paul

Thank you on behalf of CAG Paul, I will put a letter together for you over the next 24 hours.

Brig.

Hi Paul,

I have moved your posts and Brigs replies to a thread of their own, I'm sure Jackie2013 will pop in to see how your getting on with this.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Have you contacted actionfraud?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi Paul,

I have moved your posts and Brigs replies to a thread of their own, I'm sure Jackie2013 will pop in to see how your getting on with this.

Regards,

Scott.

Thanks Scott

Have you contacted actionfraud?

Hi renegadeimp,

This other person actually does exist, I at first contacted the police back in 2002 with a fear that it was identity fraud, because unbelievable as it may sound this other person who lives in the Suffolk area was actually born in a town called Lowestoft in Suffolk where I was born but I moved to Lancashire soon after being born and have lived here ever since hence my fear back in 2002 to fraud possibility (what a coincidence you may ask)!!!

This all came to light with Experian in 2002 but ever since then with many calls and letter writing to Experian and companies involved, my cedit file has been clean with them. It is only recently started happening again with the other 2 CRA's with defaults with creditors and CCJ's (still awaiting pin to access Callcredit but other defaults not mine listed above on other post with Equifax).

As none of these debts are nothing to do with me and they have just taken it upon themselves to link addresses to my current address surely I can take them to court for libel as it is effecting my credilibilty and ability to re-mortgage, obtain credit etc, but as new to this sort of action not sure where to start but I do know it will be a long process getting my files clean from previous experience.

Does anybody now of a case where a totally innocent person has successfully claimed damages from these large companies and how they did it or should I give the CRA's a chance to put my records straight but at what cost and how long will I be corresponding?

Paul

Hi Brigadier,

These are the current defaults from Linked Addresses I have never lived at that are on my Equifax file that I only found out about on Friday when I obtained my report from them.

Loan fron Welcome Financial Services - £4903 in arrears - Start Date 12/12/2006 - Date Updated 05/04/2013

Mail Order Cabot Financial - £227 - Defaulted - Start Date 26/08/2008 - Date Updated 13/03/2013

Credit Card Cabot Financial - £394 - Defaulted - Start Date 03/04/2007 - Date Updated 07/06/2013

Mail Order Cabot Financial - £199 - Defaulted - Start Date 19/11/2007 - Date Updated 08/07/2012

CCJ From Northhampton CCBC for £4064 - Court Date 31/12/2007 !!!

I am not sure if the CCJ is related to the Loan from Welcome Financial as of yet.

The Council Tax issues are with Call Credit I dread to think what else is on that file but can only report on that when I recieve a pin number to access the file hopefully tomorrow.

Thank you once again for your help it really is appreciated and a donation will be given to this site for the great work is does.

Best regards

Paul

Hello Paul.

ss

This letter can be sent to all the companies that address link to your credit files. you will need to send screen prints of CRA file entries with the letter.

To The Data Controller

xxxxxxxxxxx

Ref: Inaccurate Data On Credit Files.

Formal Notice of Disassociation. and Formal Complaint.

Sir/ Madam,

Please find attached screen prints from the credit files in the name of Mr xxxxxxxxxx , I am NOT the person that the entries marked * I formally state that I don not nor ever have lived at the addresses linked to my credit files.

I have lived at xxxxxxxxxxxxxx for x years and still do so. (mention and supply proofs of addresses in Lancashire here) I am attaching proofs of my address herewith.

As the information that is being published on the credit reference agency files is damaging to my credit profile and has been so for some considerable time I now require xxxxxxxxx to remove ALL data relating to ALL accounts from ALL credit reference file to which this data has been supplied.

This letter is copied to the credit reference and creditors who have reported the damaging data and will be copied to the information Commissioners Office.

Due to the damage to my credit profile I consider that ALL companies posting this data on my credit files and the credit reference agencies displaying such data MUST seriously consider making suitable financial redress for these errors.

This Formal Complaint allows 56 days for you to come to a resolution in regard to this matter and can be considered a LETTER BEFORE ACTION to resolve this I require ALL erroneous data to be removed completely from all credit reference files and suitable financial redress accompanied by written apologies from all parties concern with the publication of this data.

I am sending this letter by RM recorded delivery and its receipt will be checked the 56 days time scale starts on the day the complaint is received.

Ok Paul to ALL the companies and CRAs make up a separate file for each entry and check delivery of the letters

Just add the relevant details to the above.

• Confused 1

Hi Brigadier,

Thankyou so much for drafting this letter for me I will get onto this today and follow your course of action, I have 2 additional questions please if I may.

There are no addresses for the companies in question on my file should the CRA supply these?

The CCJ entry from the courts how would I resolve that, would this be also from the CRA who put it on my file.

Sorry to be a pain probably stating the obvious and thankyou again for the letter.

Best regards

Paul

Yes they should list all the named creditors on your files. if not just google the company concerned and us that address.

The CCJ check trust on line for details then contact the claimant with the same letter.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Brigadier,

I have sent all the letters and required information to Equifax, and the Creditors listed with them that have nothing to do with me because of the linked addresses.

I have recently received my pin number so I can gain access to my Call Credit file, in doing so it was an even bigger shock as I am linked to even more addresses I have never lived at and have even more debts on this file (around 14) and 2 CCJ's.

I will start the process again with Call credit as I did with Equifax, (Experian still clean).

I actually rang the ICO they where about as much use as a chocolate fireguard they suggested I wrote to my MP!!!!!

The other thing which is also causing me huge concern along with not being able to re-mortgage to a better deal and other financial matters is that the employment I do sometimes requires me to be SC Security cleared for contract work with MOD companies and Nuclear companies as such this includes credit ref agency searches which no doubt would fail with the state of my credit files leading to loss of work, again this is unacceptable leading to further financial loss or even ruin.

So if I have no resolution after the 56 days and I have stated this is a "letter before action" what would be my next action, I have tried looking for legal advice or solicitors who would deal with these sort of claims but there is a huge choice to choose from, can you recommend or do you know if anyone has ever successfully taken these companies to court for libel/damages.

It's about time they cleaned up there acts I should not be taking yet another day off work without pay (3 days now) to sort out letters etc which cost over £6 a time to send registered post.

So the only way I can think to get them to act responsibly is by hitting them financially as it considerably costing me through no fault of my own, along with the stress and time it takes to try and sort things out.

Paul

Good morning Paul,

Often there is no need to go down the litigation route in this situation once there has been formal challenge to the damaging data. I would certainly wait and see what transpires from the letters before considering involving solicitors.

Yes action has been taken in the past but I do know that such cases have never reached the stage of a hearing being settled out of court.

I will help you all the way!

Good morning Brigadier,

Quick update for you.

I have some good news that Equifax have removed 2 out of 3 Linked Addresses off my Credit File, the bad news is that the debts associated with the 2 removed addresses still remain and have been moved against my current address :-x this is after providing further evidence of my proof of ID as they requested Birth Certificate, Passport and Driving License, talk about incompetent I'd sack the lot of them, they actually closed the case, so I've re-opened it for them!!!

Regards

Paul

Morning Paul,

Have you checked the other CRAs?

I think you should now make a complaint to the ICO about this.

The next step is to state that Equifax have failed to properly correct the data held and they have seven days to remove all the linked addresses that you have proved have no connection to you, if they do not comply you are informing the ICO and will prepare a county court claim for redress and costs incurred by you in endeavouring to correct the false data Equifax continue to display on your files.

If you need another letter please let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning Brigadier,

Still no joy with much yet, things are actually getting worse since I contacted all the lenders as they have now created links now to my Experian file which was clear out of the 3 CRA's :-x and has also created over a 100 linked addresses now!!! The culprit seems to be Cabot Financial after I spoke to them last week I commented on court action for damages and they wanted a figure over the phone which I wasn't prepared to give.

I have estimated over the last 2 years it has cost me over £10,000 realistically due not being able to remortgage our properties, having to use credit cards instead of being able to get a loan etc etc.

Worse still 3 years ago I put a substantial deposit down on a new build hotel room investment for my pension that when completed will require a mortgage which I could also lose all this money if I don't get this resolved.

On top of this my SC Security clearance will obviously be revoked stopping me taking on MOD and Nuclear contracts, so things really are amounting up to be a nightmare scenario through no fault of my own.

I still have a month left from the original letters I sent to all the companies to resolve before I take further action but thought would give you an update.

One thing I cant get to the bottom of is, who is responsible and liable for creating this defamatory information on my credit file is it the CRA's or the Companies, both when contacted will not admit liability.

Regards

Paul

Hi these people are stupid beyond belief Paul, I will write a formal letter for you later today.

100+ linked addresses plus consequential losses of £10k Cabot are in for a nasty shock.

Seems odd that they have asked for a figure for redress at this stage.

I would strongly recommend staying off the phone about this.

Will get back to you later today.

Hello Paul I think this nonsense needs tackling from a different angle if Crapbot are causing these link I believe the following which amounts to a 'letter before action' addressed to those at the top of this stinking heap.

Private & Confidential

For the Personal Attention of:

Mr Neil Clyne Group Chief Executive

Cabot Financial Europe Ltd

1 Kings Hill Avenue

Kings Hill

West Malling

Kent

ME19 4UA.

Date.......................

Complaint: Vexatious Reporting of Incorrect and defamatory data:

Cabot: Ref:................................

Dear Mr Clyne,

I have been in contact with Cabot in regard to the company causing incorrect and defamatory data on my personal credit reference files held by the following credit reference agencies ..........., .................... and............, please find herewith screen prints of the data Cabot is causing to be published.

As is plain to see Cabot Financial has caused data to be published linking me to an considerable number of address which are in turn linked to an individual named xxxxxxxxxx ,

I formally state that I xxxxxxxxxxxxx, am NOT this individual and have not at any time now or in the past been a customer of or in any way associated with the companies named as creditors on these entries a complete list of the entries made by Cabot is attached here with on a separate sheet, as you will this data relates to mail order accounts,

of which I have no knowledge of and accept no liability for.

Having called Cabots' Customer Service Department on xx xx xxxx regarding this matter I mentioned to your rather disinterested operative that I was considering action for damages, this person inquired ''what figure would I be looking for'' apart from this seeming admission of liability nothing further was achieved.

As a result of Cabot Financials actions I have suffered consequential losses totalling £xxxxx.xx, resulting from being rejected for loans, and mortgages and having to relay on credit cards to continue my financial affairs adding considerable costs to projects in progress.

The next section of this communication is a LETTER BEFORE ACTION Cabot FINANCIAL HAVE FOURTEEN DAYS FROM THE DATE HEREON TO RECTIFY AND MAKE FINANCIAL REDRESS:

I require Cabot to:

1. Remove all references to the accounts on the list attached hereto immediately from ALL credit reference agency files to which it has reported the defamatory and incorrect data.

2. Cabot Financial Will make financial redress for the consequential losses arising from the authorisation and publication of incorrect and defamatory data on credit files, the starting point for such redress is a minimum of £10,000 Cabots offer must be received within 14 days of (date)................: after which action will be taken without further notice to Cabot Financial.

3. Apart from the consequential losses, I consider that Cabot Financial must compensate me for the damage, which of course is on going and will have repercussions well into the future regarding my credit profile, considering that xxxx in number of such entries have been caused to be displayed I consider that compensation of a further £8,500.00

is the minimum amount to be considered.

4.Cabot have also caused a very large number of addresses linked to it's alleged debtor to now be linked to my credit profile, these must be immediately removed and Cabot Financial WILL also make financial redress for the time, cost and anxiety and stress it has caused though its ill considered and inaccurate use of the credit reference system a sum of £3,500 is considered fair for this.

A Total of £22,000 I believe is fair and reasonable and would of course be substantially increased if court action is needed.

Finally Cabot Financial will respond to this communication in writing within 14 days from the date hereon, failure to do so in a meaningful and satisfactory manner will result in action via the County Court and reports to the OFT, ICO and the debt collection industries CSA, toothless as it is.

A copy is being sent under separate cover to Mr Glen Crawford, Group Managing Director.

This communication is sent by RM recorded/signed for delivery receipt will be checked.

Brigadier,

Thank you once again the letter you have put together is excellent, I hope they take note this time.

It will be interesting to hear there reply which of course I will report back on to you in full.

You are probably aware of the other companies involved i.e Welcome Financial and Babergh District Council to name but a few have had CCJ's added to my file via linked addresses, should this letter be sent to them too as well?

With regard to the CRA's themselves they should hold some responsibility for not doing there due diligence should they also be sent a letter?

Finally I have already donated to your site a few weeks ago, if I do receive suitable financial redress this site will be compensated for your help and time substantially more because I really would have been struggling how to handle all this so thank you once again.

Regards

Paul

Good morning Paul,

Your thanks are much appreciated as is the donation to CAG you have already made!!

If you add some more detail on the other parties I will happily draft letters for those matters.

Regards,

Brig.

Good Evening Brigadier,

The letter you drafted for me has gone today 1st Class by recorded delivery, I will inform you of the outcome if and when I receive one.

Best regards

Paul

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks Paul!!

Hi Brigadier,

Its been a couple of weeks since the letters where sent off to Cabot Financial, I have not heard a thing from them!!!!

On the plus side, Callcredit and Experian have cleaned up there information on me showing no false data or linked addresses for the moment.

Credit expert are not showing any false bad debts but still showing link addresses that I have demanded be removed yet again!!

So not sure what I should do now, obviously Cabot have not taken my letters seriously.

Regards

Paul