Ist letter sent 24thMar

omollmeg
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6580 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have sent the 1st letter detailing costs of £536.00 plus £146.20 interest

and have received the following

"Thank-you for your recent correspondance,which we received on "8thMar2006. We are currently investigating your complaint and will provide you with a full response by 24Apr.

In meantime,should you have any queries please call me on 01244 672626 between the hours of 8am and 5pm Mon-Fri.

Yours Sincerely

David Anderson

Customer Satisfaction Manager.

Now I have received this before the 14days should I be patient and wait or send next letter now????

Thanks

Just sir/Madam

address- MBNA Europe Bank Ltd

PO Box 1004

Chester Business Park

Wrexham Rd

Chester

CH4 9WW

Have addressed next letter which I haven't sent yet to

The Compliance Manager

4th Floor Imperial House

15-19 Kingsway

London

WC2B 6UN

as stated in their letter.

Is this ok?? and thx

• 2 weeks later...

Ok

On day 14 surprise,surprise I received a letter from MBNA offering just over half so have decided to accept this one as I wasn't expecting anything.....

I am still holding out for Barclays, Citibank and Morgan Stanley though so heres hoping.

Good luck everybody.

This is the response letter I sent

Gavin Theobald

MBNA Europe Bank Ltd

Customer Assistance department

PO Box 30

Chester

CH4 9FD

Dear Gavin Theobald,

ACCOUNT NUMBER: ************

Thank you for your letter detailing your response to my complaint.

I accept the sum of £***.00 in full and final settlement of my complaint with MBNA Europe Bank Ltd.

Yours faithfully,

Matey !

It probably won't get to court. Why would they offer half as a goodwill gesture if they have done nothing wrong. Stick with it and you will probably find they offer a full refund.

I would suggest that you write to Michael Rhodes who is the ceo of MBNA. The compliance officer would not deal with this sort of thing. The compliance managers role relates more to regulation from the financial services authourity and the information commissioner.

Please, please , please, do not give in, that's what they expect.

Erm, defending yourself in court, well kind of, you would literally just have to read your summons to the judge for which the wording is on thie site somewhere. They won't turn up anyway so you probably won't even have to do this.

Okay okay!!!

LBA now ready to to post!!!!!!!

Hope this works............

Congrats on finding the courage...

You'll be fine.:D

If you have found this post (or any other post) useful ensure you click on the scales in the top right of that post to give credit where credit is due.:D

DO YOU HAVE A WEBSITE AND WANT TO PROVIDE A VALUABLE LINK TO THIS FORUM ? Go to this thread:-http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=52854

As ever, with (I believe most if not) all advice given on this website, I am not qualified to give any advice and you are duly warned that any decisions are your own decisions made on your own account and no liability will be accepted for any advice followed ! Use your own judgment.

Seek advice of a qualified, insured, professional if you have any doubts.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again,

I sent LBA on 27/4/06 and was expecting a reply by 11/5/06 but today (9/10/06) I received a letter saying

Thank-you for contacting us

We will ensure that you receive a full written respone within 28days from the date of receipt of your letter.((27/5/06) I have enclosed a copy of our internal complaint procedure leaflet for your information.

Should you wish to contact us in the meantime, please telephone Gareth Tunnicliffe, Customer Advocate, on 01244 672628 between 8am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.

Yours Sincerely

Rachel Claridge

So question is should I wait or stick to my time frame and post a claim on the 11th May.

Thanks.

Don't you just hate being fobbed off!!!!

Thx my friend.

Last time I spoke to them they fobbed me off and I ended up waiting beyond my 14days.

Think I will give them a week from 2day and then post cliam.

Thx for your input.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is odd...I sent off my online claim on 19th and it was issued on the 22nd of May yet in the post I have just received a letter from them dated 30th May saying

Blah Blah

We do value your custom and so we would like to resolve this matter. I have therefore requested for a cheque of goodwill payment of £200 to be sent to above address on the basis that this is in full and final settlement of your complaint. I trust that you will find this an acceptable resolution. Steve Bailey.

Bloody cheek more like the £700 it should be.

Do you think they haven't yet seen my claim???

They do have until the 10th June so I suppose I will just have to sit tight.

SS -your thoughts??

You must accept any payments made to you but not the conditions .You should let them know that you are prepared to accept the money as part payment of your claim but not in full and final settlement as you will be pursuing them for the remainder.

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Thought this might be of interest...

After receiving letter of offer of £200 I yesterday received a phone call offering an out of court settlement of slightly more than I was asking for back.

As I didn't have all the info with me when I got the call I said I will stop proceedings when I have written confirmation and a chq for said amount.

So to all of you just keep going,I think the T.V programme did alot in the way of help as funnily enough I got the call the following day...what a coincidence...NOT!!

Hi I received a chq in full payment today and a letter asking me to stop all proceedings...Yipeeee

Does anybody know how I stop with further action pls as not now sure what to do??????

Thx

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/08/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6580 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks