Job Centre sanction end-Messing me around

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4011 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

From what I remember of your last post, your Dad was your guarantor on your flat which you decided to leave when your JSA was sanctioned and you had no other income bar a small payment towards your rent from housing benefit. You then terminated your lease as you assumed that you were about to be evicted by your landlord, the landlord was then asking you to pay for the damage sustained to items within the flat and also chasing the outstanding rent that you hadn't paid.

Have I got that right?

If so then your Dad would have been the person pursued for the money outstanding as he was your guarantor, so although the debt is yours the landlord can pursue your dad for the money.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't your dad let you in?

Thats exactly what I was wondering.

Casper mate you must know someone who will give you a lift or be able to travel six miles to get a letter. Could your dad forward you the letter first class post tomorrow and you will get it Tuesday?

Casper, you need to actually do something about this, the situation will not fix itself. You've been given some great advice on here for months, but you keep saying "tomorrow" or "next week", its infuritating!!t

I can't help it. OK. My dad has the letter' date=' he has all the info. He will take me to CAB when it's open. Which I don't know when.[/quote']

You can help it. You need to find a way to sort this out, and it's a matter of priority. If it is indeed the case that a court has entered judgement against you, things could get really unpleasant for you if you don't take action ASAP.

The last time we tried to help, all we were offered was reasons why you couldn't take the advice that many people took time to offer in good faith and in their own time, time they could have been spending with their families, watching TV, playing football or any number of other things that are fun. But they were here, helping you, for no reward and for no reason except that they're good people.

But if you don't take your problems seriously, how can you expect anyone else to do so?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Antone, I couldn't have put it better myself

I desperately want to help Casper, but at times I felt like she was taking the mick out of us. I'm loathe to get sucked in again but I sense a vulnerability and I hope Im not wrong

scotgal 

Not your problem then so it seems you were worrying for no reason.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I can understand why you might be concerned about your Dad's problems, but if he's actively obstructing any attempts you make to help him (like refusing to drive you to the CAB and so on) then, well, onwards and upwards. He needs to help himself.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Casper, can you answer please

1. Did you only assume the letter your dad received was about you?

2. If so then where did you get the figures of £500 for damages and £500 per month?

3. Are you now saying your dad got a letter from the court which has absolutely nothing to do with you, and you're trying to go to the CAB to help him?

So you no longer have a problem with a letter from the court?

scotgal 