Help With Scottish Power Please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4082 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good evening.

First, I have never had a debt with an energy supplier, and now I am on a card meter for gas and key for electricity, both supplied by Scottish Power. I top up before £5 margin so I am never worried about running out of gas or getting debts.

That used to be the case but it has changed around 4 weeks ago. I got letter saying I own SP around £100.

I could not grasp this since I have a card for gas and a key for the electricity and always been paying upfront loading the credit on the card/key.

Just few weeks ago I got a letter from SP saying that I got a debt (where from?) and this will be collected via my meter. I have rang SP and they have told me first to go and check my meter when I was still on the phone since the lady from SP said that I do not have any debt on the system. The meter was showing that I have 0.00 debt, which was not a surprise to me. We finished conversation and the lady said that I can ignore the letters but she will make investigation why I get these letters.

I got another letter few days later stating that my meter is reset now to collect £3.55 for debt and £2.11 as standing charge. The letter said that my meter has been set to recover a fixed charge of £5.66 (3.55+2.11) per week. I rang SP straight away, and again 2 different customer adviser were comforting me that there is no debt, and this is just a fault on the system. They also told me to wait 14 days and `I will get a phone call from Scottish Power with the solution of my problem` but up to this moment I should ignore all the letters as irrelevant`. I have been waiting patiently since (that was last week) but today I have bought £20 of credit (went below £5 so I could not wait longer for SP call first before top up) and put it on the meter.

I have noticed: £20 pounds of credit and than £3.55 for debt £16.45 for gas.

So I had £1.60 on the meter, than put £20 of credit and it shows now 17.91. Clearly £3.55 went for the debt! So how is that possible? 5 different people from SP were assuring me that I have no debt and actually I can`t have it since I pay it upfront and now I am paying £3.55 every week, but secretly (if I would not check it carefully I would not even notice that it took the £3.55 of the £20 of credit).

Is it a normal for Scottish Power to treat loyal customers that way? I have been with Scottish Power from the very beginning and when I have moved my house I went straight from British Gas (was already in this house) to Scottish Power because of been Loyal.

Why am I treated like an idiot?

I just want the answer. (open to any SP reps since I do not want to leave Scottish Power, not yet ;-)

I am just hoping that this is a big misunderstanding and just a genuine mistake, but my budget is getting ripped off and since my wife lost her work, and I struggle to get any overtime (I use to get a lot of it but the time has changed) our budget is very, very tied (we got children as well).

Greetings to all the honest, hard working people who have been treated unfairly ;-)

hi ya

we have Scottish power onboard here

I will alert them to pop in in the morning

malc or the crew will sort it for you.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

sri dave ...day off!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...