NetBook purchased from Argos has fault?

aloofy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3965 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My niece bought a NetBook from Argos 18 months ago. The NetBook has never worked properly and despite going in to the store within the first 12 months they were referred to the manufacturer who has given them a number is software updates that work for short periods of time before they fail again. The manufacturer is now refusing to do anymore as they say it is out of the 12 month warranty? Any advice? The NetBook was bought with cash? And at the moment they can't find the receipt??

SOGA. Tell argos is their responsibility to repair then refund or replace. You will have to have it sent off for examination and repairs, but what you can do if they mess you around, is get an independent experts report done to state what is wrong and how much it would cost to fix, then you can issue a formal complaint with argos and then perhaps a LBA.

Just realise that if it cannot be fixed for whatever reason, then they will either refund you or more likely find a replacement of a similar spec. Argos shouldnt have told you to go to the manufacturer, they should have taken it themselves and logged it. THe main kicker here is that you lost the receipt that shows proof that you bought it from argos.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 3 months later...

If the computer hasnt worked properly since the start, then it is covered. User installed software or changes wouldnt be covered.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

The fact that computer works after updates (probably reinstalling windows), suggests it is user affected and not an inherent problem. More details on the issue may be handy to help decide, also proving a software problem was inherent after 18 months use may be very, very hard to prove, which of course is down to consumer here.