Quicks Sunderland - Peugeot 307

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4065 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My girlfriend and I just bought a 2006 Peugeot 307 from Quicks in Sunderland. No advisories on MOT the conducted 27th March, good service history, few minor cosmetic issues. During the process of sale their customer service was shoddy at best, but my other half liked the car and we purchased it last Saturday.

Since purchase, we noticed the left rear brake light is out, one of the number plate lights is out, and the brake lights don't work, other than intermittently. How on earth did it pass an MOT? One issue we might accept as coincidence, but it would appear the car was sold in unroadworthy condition.

Their literature refers to a 7 day money back guarantee, but this is not further detailed in the documentation we were given.

We work during the week and couldn't return the car until Saturday, which will be a day after the expiry of the 7th day after purchase. We don't want to return the car as it's comfortable and appears to drive well, but beginning not to trust it.

I believe the sensible thing to do is give them chance to remedy the faults, and if they refuse, or issues persist, return the car in line with SOGA and request a full refund.

Any advice please?

My girlfriend and I just bought a 2006 Peugeot 307 from Quicks in Sunderland. No advisories on MOT the conducted 27th March, good service history, few minor cosmetic issues. During the process of sale their customer service was shoddy at best, but my other half liked the car and we purchased it last Saturday.

Since purchase, we noticed the left rear brake light is out, one of the number plate lights is out, and the brake lights don't work, other than intermittently. How on earth did it pass an MOT? One issue we might accept as coincidence, but it would appear the car was sold in unroadworthy condition.

Their literature refers to a 7 day money back guarantee, but this is not further detailed in the documentation we were given.

We work during the week and couldn't return the car until Saturday, which will be a day after the expiry of the 7th day after purchase. We don't want to return the car as it's comfortable and appears to drive well, but beginning not to trust it.

I believe the sensible thing to do is give them chance to remedy the faults, and if they refuse, or issues persist, return the car in line with SOGA and request a full refund.

Any advice please?

brake light switch common fault with peugeot easy to replace just up behind the brake pedal. a bulb can blow at any time.

So, they fixed brake lights etc, but within 48 hours of picking the car up, multiple warning lights have come on and the car has died at a busy roundabout.

Any advice? Beginning to lose all confidence in both the car and this company.