eBay debt

Ksmith32646
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3874 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Didnt you return the payment to the buyer?

Personally i think you are worrying too much. You should repay the money if you didnt refund the sellers, but only at a rate that YOU can afford. NOT a rate which you have been intimidated to pay at.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

then you couldn't refund the buyers?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No I couldn't refund them so ebay did

I have all the intention to pay the debt just not at 200 a week I will speak to them Tuesday thanks guys

For the adviceI can't see them sending someone round if am paying 130 a week there's no point

no stay off the phone!!

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ok. so your debt is to ebay and not the buyers now. That makes things much more simple as ebay brought this themselves.

Stop worrying about doorstep collectors. Have a read of: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?441-If-you-do-receive-a-doorstep-visit-we-give-these-suggestions-to-Members

And why are you adamant on paying so much to ebay in repayment? Can you REALLY afford to pay that each week without neglecting your essential outgoings?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Just want it sorting ASAP.i choose this amount because they said they would accept it this week so they should accept it each week.

Don't want anyone coming to the door just want it sorting as easy as possible

Again, i have to ask, can you afford this WITHOUT neglecting your essential outgoings AND other bills. Don't be pushed into paying huge amounts simply because they are shouting the loudest. IF you do, then you are wholeheartedly agreeing with what they are doing.

As already stated, DCA's have NO legal rights whatsoever. None. Nadda. Zilch. Zero.

Their job is to threaten and harass you to the point you cave in and pay them. Which is what you are doing right now.

Ok. The way I understand this...

You sold 4 item on eBay (received payment via paypal, withdrew the money to your bank account and spent it?)

The 4 items were stolen from your car.

The 4 buyers opened paypal disputes

You didn't challenge these disputes

Paypal refunded the buyers and left your Paypal account with a negative balance of over -£2k

Paypal sent a couple of emails telling you to restore your account back to a £0 balance.

You didn't respond

They then passed the debt onto a tin pot DCA who have fed you a load of Billy bullshine on the phone threatening to pluck your next door neighbours cats claws off if you don't pay £130 a week?

Also, this is a debt you want to keep hidden from your partner?

^ if it was a genuine mistake, I'm sure your partner will understand.... Would be better fessing up about it now than her finding out about it down the line!

2 options. If you can afford to pay £100 a week.... Pay it! It gets the amount down quicker. As renegade has said though if they're adamant in shouting about it simply tell them to foxtrot Oscar with a pound a week

If paypal suspected any wrongdoing or fraud then they would have passed this to the police and NOT a tin pot DCA.

You can prevent any slim chance of them turning up at your house by sending them a copy of the doorstep threat letter (found in the library)

As stated by previous posters, they are not bailiffs and have NO powers.

Some good advice already given on this thread.

I'd be writing them a letter with my offer of payment and it certainly wouldn't be as high as you're offering...

Can I add.

I was in the same boat as you with paypal about 6 years ago. I'm not proud of ignoring this debt but that's what I did (I was ripped off by a "friend" long story) nobody ever turned up at my house and I haven't even received a begging letter from them for a couple of years...

I'm not advising YOU to ignore it, but I think it's wrong that a Dca says "jump" and people simply ask "how high?"

Good luck!

Hope this has helped a little.

Regards

BM

It never rains but it pours...

Im just wondering where the money went so fast. Unless there was a large amount of time between payment and attempted sending of the items... it just doesnt make much sense.

I have another letter today saying £200 a week starting from next week

There saying it's an agreement. I can't keep to that

I paid£137 I can afford to keep paying that should I just pay that amount again on Friday??

You have already been told.

You set the amount you can pay and not the DCA. £130 per week is a very high payment and unless you are on a big wage, you could default on this amount so I would suggest you send them a letter with a cheque for £50 telling them you can only afford £50 per week and that you will be making a standing order to pay them £200 per month.

You must not pay up to your limit, what if the car breaks down or your granny is taken ill, you must keep some living and emergency money.

Everyone on these forums has. Please take the advice already given and do NOT listen to the dca.

DO NOT PAY THE DCA

PAY PAYPAL/EBAY directly.

dx

and they

I have written them a letter including the doorstep thing from the library

I have included a cheque for £50 and told them I have set up standing order paying £75 week every friday.

I have told them only want contacting through letters.

I will send it tomorrow recorded delivery and will let u all know what happens thank you everyone

paying who ?

dx

and they

DO NOT PAY THE DEBT COLLECTORS.

Pay ebay the money direct.

YES. We've already stated that multiple times. If you pay the DCA, they will take some of the money and pass the rest to ebay. Ebay wont get all the money.

Ignore the Dca. I'm sure eBay will tell the tin pot Dca that you're dealing with them directly.

If the Dca do send you any letters with a free post envelope in, it wouldn't hurt to send them a line or two telling them you're paying eBay directly.

It never rains but it pours...