style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4079 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I need some advise please

My brother took my season ticket and was stopped by a revenue officer on the train.

He didn't want me to get into trouble and so gave my details, the officer took the name he gave and address but did not do any further checks and said he believed him but took the ticket and gave him a temporary ticket for the rest of his journey

He told me what happened when he got home and said that he was really sorry and that my details were given and i can send my photocard and a letter to the prosecution department saying it was me travelling

So i lied and said it was me on the train and could I have my ticket back

The other day we received a letter in the post for a MR. xxxxxxx (Not his name- the name addressed is not my name or his)...

There was no statement taken just name and address however they have got the name wrong.

I have not received anything from the FCC and dont know what to do.

My brother wants to take full blame and doesn't want to implicate me but we are both at fault here and dont know the best way to respond.

Should I write to them or wait to see if they send me something?

Hi All,

My brother took my season ticket and was stopped by a revenue officer on the train.

He didn't want me to get into trouble and so gave my details, the officer took the name he gave and address but did not do any further checks and said he believed him but took the ticket and gave him a temporary ticket for the rest of his journey

He told me what happened when he got home and said that he was really sorry and that my details were given and i can send my photocard and a letter to the prosecution department saying it was me travelling

The other day we received a letter in the post for a MR. xxxxxxx (Not his name- the name addressed is not my name or his)...

There was no statement taken just name and address however they have got the name wrong.

My brother wants to take full blame and doesn't want to implicate me but we are both at fault here and dont know the best way to respond.

Hello and welcome to CAG.

I think you will need to wait for a letter from the train company. If you contact them before they write, they won't have a unique reference number for the case and won't be able to link the paperwork.

I fear there is nothing you can do until they write. :(

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

yes agreed

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi All,

I think the first thing you need to do is to question your brother a little more.

You already know that he took your season ticket, presumably without your consent?

You have already compounded the issue by lying on his behalf.

How do you think the rail company came to address the letter to a different name if your brother gave them yours?