Equidebt Letter & old Co-Op debt via Payplan DMP.

Lilythepink
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3937 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

as has been before

all these other debts should be DROPPED to £!PCM and PAY YOUR MORTGAGE

no excuses

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They will all be getting £1.00 each, and I will be reclaiming the fee/charges, even though the FOS said that they are entitled to charge me, even if on benefits, due to the supreme court ruling of 2009....

LilythePink

If you liked what I said, and if it helped in any way, please tip my scales..... thank you:)

Primary bills first. After paying your mortgage and other High Prioirty debt, if you only have a fiver left, then thats what gets split between the rest of your creditors. No court in the UK would ever judge against you if cabot tried to issue a claim.

Also remember that Equidebt and Cabot only deal with suspect debts. Either company having a legit debt in their possession is very rare.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Could, but very unlikely.

All these debts that are over 10 years old, have you been making payments to them? Written acknowledgement?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

bcobs for the bank account charges

std reclaim for the rest.

doubt court would ever be needed.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sounds like you might be in the middle of being cashcowed.

Yes I do feel that way. Meanwhile Nationwide are joining my list of creditors, they have at last given me some access to some of my benefit WTC but not all. They say I can pay £20 a month, but then say I have to pay the charges/fees etc. What is the point in paying 20 whenever the charges are nearly 50. And I still have mortgage arrears...

LilythePink

If you liked what I said, and if it helped in any way, please tip my scales..... thank you:)

Mortgage comes first. Anything else that is not high priority can go whistle until your Main debts are paid.

One thing i will STRONGLY advise for you to do is look into a letter of appropriation. This secures the money in your account each month for your main bills that you list. NOBODY can take this money except the creditors you listed on the letter. The bank cant touch it for charges, no other creditors can touch it. If anyone tries to touch it, the account will show to them as zero and the transaction will be declined.

I have used it for years now, and for anyone in debt and having low priority creditors snapping at your feet, it is a godsend as you know that nobody can touch that money.

• Confused 1

I have changed banks, as the letter of appropriation was just ignored, and charges/fees were all added on. I have just sent another email to the CEO's office, saying that I will only pay £1 a month to them, as I am not in the habit of putting any money, where it is not being used to pay off the overdraft, and getting swallowed up by charges. I have not got all my benefit back, as the charges were taken out of it. they just ignore everything I do. More or less told them I will pay them nothing until I get my charges refunded and my benefit, the interest on my money and I also said I wasn't paying anything, if they were not freezing the interest.

LilythePink

Is the template letter on the website to reclaim the charges, and the interest on my working tax credit, that they have had for over two months.

LilythePink

If they ignore a letter of appropriation, you can get the FOS/FCA involved. Regarding claiming benefit money, you could make a complaint under BCOBS and claim hardship, or as a last ditch scenario, issue a court claim.

and they