Knowhow no good.

ha409
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3997 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I just want to tell you guys about my experience with Knowhow.

After collecting the laptop from KnowHow (keyboard failure), I realized that a screw was missing from the top left side of the frame. Long story short, couple of months passed and my laptop frame started to come from the side the screw was missing from. No biggie. I called them and told them that they forgot to place the screw back, They took my laptop but then lied to me and told me it was repaired, it was return to me with a letter from Gary Peryment, who said I abused my product. What made the situation ever worse was that my laptop was more damaged than when I sent it off to them:-x. It was not turning on, the motherboard was cooked and there was a coffee cup stain on the lid.

I was curious to know why it returned to me completely damaged with cup stains on the lid of the laptop/ So I kept telling Gary Peryment what happened. What made the scenario more strange was that they wrote me a letter stating they forgot to put the screw back in.:x

I called their customer service team about a number of times and each time they were pathetic :evil:. Could not provide me with single answer other then only Gary Peryment can solve this situation. The only way I could get any information was through the post, as if we are living in 1900. No telephone and email. A company which sells technology.

After three months, which included four letters and taking my laptop to been seen by a IT engineer who sided with me. I got a call from an independent investigator who sounded clearly shocked by their behavior. Even though he said that, I always knew he would side with them as he was hired by them.

Another refusal and I thought to give up. By luckily I did not. I sent them a letter before action. After refusing to fix my laptop, I went onto the small claims website. I claimed for £500,it costed me only £35 and if i win I get the £35 back.

So after two weeks, they acknowledged my claim. Giving themselves an extra two weeks to make a decision. I waited and on the final day they put in a defense. It was a shame as I would have enforced a judgement. Their aim, I guess was to dishearten me.

I finally spoke to one chap in the legal department, who understood my complaint and acknowledged their wrongdoings.

we negotiated me a good price of vouchers:-D :whoo: and I was happy to end this.

Even though it was difficult, the only time they will pay out is when they are being taken to court, SO DONT GIVE UP!!!!!

I been without a laptop for so long, I dont know what to so with it. :???:

• 1 month later...

check out what BBC watchdog say about them www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2011/10/...

just ring them on these numbers -

0800 0234701

0800 5878787

or

01594 332592

or better still take them to court, make them pay, give their legal team a ring - 01727 202030

and get in touch with the financial ombudsman, BBC watchdog and trading stangards

good luck

• 1 month later...

My advice will only become useful if you don't get a better answer!

I don't know a "street address" the PO box "maps to".

I don't know if you can serve a county court claim to a PO Box.

However, if you remain "stuck", RoyalMail will tell you the contact address for a PO Box (as long as they don't have grounds to withhold it like the security services, or vulnerable groups like Women's shelters).

http://www.royalmail.com/sites/default/files/P6431_POBox_Terms_and_Conditions_April_2013.pdf

"Disclosure of information

We reserve the right to give the address (and title) of the PO Box holder to any enquirers, (and you consent to this) and this information will be added to our national address database – the Postcode Address File (PAF). Information on the PAF is used to produce a number of Address Management products that are available to the public."

To take any company to court, go to http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk

find their registered address

use that for all court paperwork etc.

The info you need is:

DIXONS RETAIL PLC

MAYLANDS AVENUE

HEMEL HEMPSTEAD

HERTFORDSHIRE

HP2 7TG

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar