Bill of Sale help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3948 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So we were desperate to pay our rent one day and ended up rather stupidly, contacting a logbook loans company; signing away our lives.

We have defaulted now and again but have always made payments and kept in contact with the company in question.

The credit agreement was taken out over 3 years ago now though it should have been over after 12 months. This is because we defaulted and they set up another agreement with reduced payments (which they posted out for us to sign and return)

There have been a few more defaults due to health issues and the company sent us a letter stating that they'd referred back to the original agreement.

The legalities of this strike me as rather odd.

This is all of course, secured with a good old Bill of Sale.

After another default was received recently, I've decided that we're sick to death of paying out to this company so requested a copy of the stamped BOS from the High Court to see whether or not they had a hold over us.

They have emailed it to me and it has a reference number on the front, alas no court stamp. They have assured me that they have one but it is illegible, though dated within 7 days of the BOS.

Also, the BOS is dated 2 years after the original one was signed because they've made a new one. Surely the original BOS wouldn't need replacing until 5 years has passed?

The original BOS (which I have a copy of) was witnessed and signed by the lady that works for the company when she brought the cheque.

The second (Which we don't remember seeing) has our legitimate signatures on it and we can't find a copy of it anywhere (we tend to save all our paperwork)

I have asked them to send me the original BOS that we first signed but they've not got back to me yet.

Has anybody any experience with this because it all seems rather dodgy to me.

I hope this makes sense to people as it's been written in anger. :-x

Thanking you in advance.

• 4 months later...

Does it have a court reference number ( it should if its genuine). If it does, give the court a call and check if its legit.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Does it have a court reference number ( it should if its genuine). If it does, give the court a call and check if its legit.

No it doesn't but The guy at Varooma said that he's emailed me a scan of the original & hidden the court reference number and is refusing point blank to give it to me!?!

That sounds VERY suspicious

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Wait around for a day or two and hopefully someone will be able to give you specific advice on what to do next. Weekends are usually slow, but im sure someone will pop by.