whatever happens not replacing my i pad

weetchie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3918 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my daughter bought an ipad on 18/09/2011 and took out the extra whatever happens cover. around 4 weeks ago my daughter and her friend were messing around and her friend jumped off her bed ontp my daughters handbag which had the ipad in it as she uses it for college. ipad was badly damaged. took to currys and they took a statement of what had happened. we then got a letter back saying that they were not going to replace or repair ipad and that we could appeal the decision. they wanted a letter stating exactly what happened again with a list of everything that was in her handbag. we sent off another letter appealing the decision and yesterday we received a letter saying that they are still refusing to repair or replace. please help. my daughter relies on this for her college course :-x:-x:-x:-x

yes, they said the the damage sustained to the product is too excessive and therefore is not consistent with the mihap we described. in particular the unit has been bent over something very solid and straight. the force required to do this much damage is massive. the screen is shattered, the casing is bent as is the battery. we told them everything that was in the bag i.e. charger, phone charger, perfume bottle, etc. i consider a child weighing 9 stone jumping off a bed considerable force !! to cause this accidental damage. thanks

they will be going off the shape of the ipad etc

they will have made a report on it, you can request a copy of it under the data protection act

one thing i MUST stress is under no curcumstances plug it in

the batterys in those are not that stable if damaged, if you say its bent it may swell, burst, or even catch fire if plugged in, ive seen one go and while the smoke is impressive it is also toxic

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

it's missold and I want my premiums returned'.

They should replace the IPAD too. No quibble.

I'm doing my best to get these people off the high street and into jail. 16 years so far. They're still getting away with it, "protected" by the government.

She should never have set foot in any store belonging to Dixons Group. Customer service doesn't exist. Indeed as you've discovered, they'll torture customers if they complain.

Next year, I expect their chums at PC World will have at least one of their staff facing criminal charges for fraud.

Yes, very much mis-sold.

Get the media involved, tell your MP and sue for a replacement in the small claims court. I wouldn't bother jumping through any more of their hoops.

You have my sympathy. Your local judge should sort these criminals out for you.

Cheers,

Richard.

Thanks for all your comments. I have just spoken to Currys/ pc world yet again and explained everything yet again. So I've just done another letter asking for a full report on how they have come to their conclusions about the damage reference the data protection act. Also have stated that I will refer this to county court. Not letting them away with this. I've noticed on other forums that Currys / pc world not getting good reports on their whatever happens policy so will see what happens now. Thanks again all

• 2 months later...

just to let everyone know that, we did proceed to take currys/ pc world to court and they had until tomorrow midnight to make a decision on what they were going to do. well surprise, surprise a letter came from they're legal department this morning to say that they have reviewed my daughters claim and will know give her vouchers for the price she paid for the i pad and will also refund my £35 court fees :smile::smile:, thank you so much for all the information from everyone on here. it really did help us. also never give up fighting for whats rightfully yours. this company should never get away with ripping people off. thanks again xx

I would have refused that offer and asked for a cheque or money directly to my bank account. You really dont want to shop there again after this debacle do you?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

i dont really but was worried it was they're last day to do something, and my 17 year old daughter just wanted it to end, it was her ipad. i won't shop there again though

Why are YOU worried? If they fail to meet your stated expectations, then take them to the cleaners. But anyway, if the resolution was one you wanted, then it all worked out in the end :)

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

i won't shop there again though

Umm yea you will. They gave you vouchers. Not cash :)

I understand :) As i said, if it was me, i would have demanded a full refund via cheque or bank transfer, but if your daughter is happy, then thats all there is to it.

• 2 weeks later...

hi

I work for the company as a sale colleague

I honestly really hate seeing such bad experiences that people are having with Whatever happens. I've seen the result of so many happy people thanking that they took the service. Sadly on the other end, I've so many unhappy people that haven't taken it. They come in with broken appliances, to find out the manufacturers warranty doesn't offer what they are asking for I.E. A brand new TV exchanged in store after 8 months without the manufacture looking at it or in some cases expecting a new TV after 12 months (by getting the manufacturer warranty and what you get through the sales of goods act massively confused)

Im quite surprised that in this case they would not fix it or replace it without argument....My only thought to the reason why, is whatever happens were looking at it as malicious damage which under the terms and conditions is not covered.

However I'm not surprised you won, as part of the supply of goods act it would be down to the company to prove it was malicious damage and not for you to prove it wasn't...So in court they had no way of proving and only had speculation.

Although I work for a company which you and others now hate, I would like to point out we are people that work for the company and we are not "THE COMPANY" What I mean by that, is just because i work for the company I don't get special treatment like a lot may think. If was in your situation I would more than likely would have had to go the same route to try prove it was accidental. Annoyingly I didn't make the service but I do sell it, and I will fight for my customers if feel there is an injustice.

Also please be aware we are not trading standards therefore we will can only act on what we know of our terms and conditions and we are not out to get u, as like you, we are customers to, and not just a shirt with a name tag. So unfortunately like most humans we can be wrong which is why in cases such as this you can take it a step further and talk to people that know more. But like I said we can only act on what we think is right not necessarily on what is correct

What I will say though is I am happy it was resolved for you and your daughter

• 2 months later...

Will be starting new threads for AliLiz and Neilt

BRB with links.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 weeks later...

weetchie, I have sent you a private message, I wonder if you could respond as soon as possible :)

BCOBS