Tesco Price Promise: How does it compare?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4082 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Tesco has launched a new price comparison and voucher scheme to ensure customers are automatically compensated if they could have shopped at a rival for less.

The new 'Price Promise' will compare the overall cost of a basket of shopping against the same or equivalent products sold by Sainsbury's, Asda and Morrisons.

If the products could have been bought elsewhere for less, Tesco will automatically issue a voucher at the till for the difference in price, up to a maximum of £10.

Tesco: Newly launched 'Price Promise' which will compare both branded and Tesco's own-brand products to those of its rivals.

If it finds they would have been cheaper elsewhere will refund the difference to customers up to a value of £10 with an immediate voucher to spend in store. To qualify, customers must purchase a basket containing a minimum of 10 different products, at least one of which is comparable.

Asda: The 'Price Guarantee' scheme offers to refund customers if an independent price comparison website does not show they are at least 10 per cent cheaper than their rivals.

Customers must buy at least eight different items, one of which must be comparable with Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons and Waitrose. Customers must check online to see if they are eligible for a voucher.

Sainsbury's: The 'Brand Match' scheme promises to refund the difference on branded products to customers if its own database finds another supermarket sells the same product for less.

Customers must spend £20 or more to qualify, and buy at least one branded product. Prices are compared with Asda and Tesco.

Morrisons: The 'Price Crunch' campaign focuses popular products that are typically part of the shopping basket. It 'crunches' those prices by up to 50 per cent, sometimes more.

It also focuses on reducing the prices of bulk items around pay day when families want to stock up for the month.

Supermarket deals: how the price promises match up

Tesco is relaunching its loyalty scheme in a bid to re-attract customers who have taken refuge at rivals Asda, Sainsbury's and Morrisons. Will it work?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2013/mar/11/supermarket-deals-price-promises-match-up

• 3 weeks later...

I use tesco all the time for deliveries and morrisons for inbetween shops. I have had 2 deliverys since the price promise started begining of the month and l am finding this a Con. Both of my orders were 90% of N/As and suprisingly the N/As were all items cheaper or same price in Morrisons and suprisingly the items more expensive.

I have complained to tesco about this and have verbally told me that when the shopper checked the stores they are designated to check near the 3 offices they operate from they either did not see the items, he made it very clear they rely on the rep to remember prices rather than Doing it some other way, or they claimed they dont sell the items.

They have said they will look into it further but they stand by the claim the shopper either did not see the items or they dont sell them. Also when l pointed out they were clearly visable in my local store his reply was we dont have operatives in your area.

I am clearly able to prove via my own price check and the fact l have not brought those items with tesco since. I am still waiting for a reply to my email from last night but l can guess l am going to get a similare answer.

The guy refused to put any reply in writing stating everything he said. The 3 offices l am guessing are the head office, cardiff where the social networking team is based and the third is unknown.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.