work programme after 2 years

bcham
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3403 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Like many I am approaching the end of my 2 year WP sentence and have repeatedly enquired "What happens next?". I guess the DWP press release answers that question with "more of the same old crap but this time done by JCP".

I have been repeatedly misinformed by A4greed - one minute I have to go on a 2 week outsourced course, this is then corrected to a 2 day internal day course, this is then corrected to just an "exit review". Today I get 2 letters mandating (that word again) me to attend 2 courses on 2 days. The titles of these "courses"?:

1. Overcoming Job Rejection - A4e Countdown Routeway

2. Skills Review - A4e Countdown Routeway.

I don't know why they don't save a bit of effort and ink and just put "more of the same old crap".

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like many I am approaching the end of my 2 year WP sentence and have repeatedly enquired "What happens next?". I guess the DWP press release answers that question with "more of the same old crap but this time done by JCP".

I have been repeatedly misinformed by A4greed - one minute I have to go on a 2 week outsourced course, this is then corrected to a 2 day internal day course, this is then corrected to just an "exit review". Today I get 2 letters mandating (that word again) me to attend 2 courses on 2 days. The titles of these "courses"?:

I don't know why they don't save a bit of effort and ink and just put "more of the same old crap".

It should be Post Work Porgramme Awareness Session with the JCP which is around 1 hour and then a Final Exit interview with your WPP, if you finish in June id just ring in sick for the other A4E courses as they are only putting you on it so they can get extra money from the government.

If they started being honest they would implode with the realization that none of it is of any use and that it's all the same old crap to abuse the jobseekers and that (with karma) they'd be on the other end of the crap they dish out

It should be Post Work Porgramme Awareness Session with the JCP which is around 1 hour and then a Final Exit interview with your WPP, if you finish in June id just ring in sick for the other A4E courses as they are only putting you on it so they can get extra money from the government.

The "courses" I mentioned are in addition to exit review and drone interview. My sentence isn't over until August so I will attend the 2 sessions and be my usual helpful self,

Of course there was no prior discussion about the merits of either course for me - just mandation letters. So much for tailored individual support.

Edited by citizenB

The "courses" I mentioned are in addition to exit review and drone interview.

"Pimp" is not the right word. A pimp makes a profit from you working somewhere.

These contractors are hired by the DWP to park people, not to find them a job. From this perspective they haven't failed, they have quite reached the target, otherwise the govt would have fired them.

Edited by citizenB

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

Had my Final Exit review today lasted about half an hour, she just wrote down what i've achieved while on the programme and what i think is needed to gain employment. All in all it was quite pleasant but she said she does have to pass the review over to the manager of the office and will have to pick up in the coming weeks, im guessing he will re-write the review to make out the provider has done everything it can to get me into full-time employment.

Had my Final Exit review today lasted about half an hour, she just wrote down what i've achieved while on the programme and what i think is needed to gain employment. All in all it was quite pleasant but she said she does have to pass the review over to the manager of the office and will have to pick up in the coming weeks, im guessing he will re-write the review to make out the provider has done everything it can to get me into full-time employment.

You may not know this, but you have the right to a copy of the Exit Report; here's the extract from the DWP guidelines, current as from 28/3/2013;

'Copy of Exit Report for Participant

There is one small policy change in respect of giving the participant a copy of their Exit Report. Current guidance states all participants must receive a copy of the report but some of you pointed out this would mean potentially a lot of sensitive information going out by post.

To minimise the risk of their Exit Report not being received or received at the wrong address. Participants should be provided with a copy of the Exit Report where you are in face to face contact with the participant or let participants know by post that they are entitled to a copy of the Exit Report on request and make arrangements for the report to be collected or posted. Before posting ensure the participant is aware of the risks of sending personal information via post.'

I am totally convinced that Ingeus will 'pad out' their exit reports to try and make it seem as though they've done wonders for you. Normally we wouldn't see these reports but the ruling clearly says that we're entitled to a copy, so ask for one. Don't let them refuse; it's your right. Also tell them that you intend to get a copy of the one they submit to the DWP so that you can check it against yours for any...'irregularities' :)

Well I've just returned from DAY 1 of my 2 day sentence on A4greed's pre-WP exit training ("Overcoming Rejection"). Absolutely nothing startling or new - just a re-hash of everything we have all been through. Somehow I managed to avoid a sanction doubt though I have been sidelined and sit apart from the others (like a naughty schoolkid)without participating. They will not be getting any forms or info back from me.

I found the most depressing aspect the meek acceptance of my fellow conscripts. Some people really are sheep.

One more day to go.

Bakatcha

Will you keep us posted on what the JCP with be demanding of you when you go back. I finish on July 4th at Ingeus and going off what has been written on the web I am worried about the demands. I do everything I can to find a job. My areas of experience have died a death, retail, estate agency and merchandising. I have some admin experience but when up against experienced ex civil service applicants my CV just can't compete!

Bakatcha

Will you keep us posted on what the JCP with be demanding of you when you go back. I finish on July 4th at Ingeus and going off what has been written on the web I am worried about the demands. I do everything I can to find a job. My areas of experience have died a death, retail, estate agency and merchandising. I have some admin experience but when up against experienced ex civil service applicants my CV just can't compete!

Will do but I think you may get back to the JCP before me. From memory I'm not due till August.

No mention of exit interviews yet. I have to take my business plan and set up costs tomorrow to my advisor meeting-only weird thing is on the IngeusWorks (or not!) site my advisor has changed. I've emailed him the new advisor twice today and onFriday but no reply.

Well I've just returned from DAY 1 of my 2 day sentence on A4greed's pre-WP exit training ("Overcoming Rejection"). Absolutely nothing startling or new - just a re-hash of everything we have all been through. Somehow I managed to avoid a sanction doubt though I have been sidelined and sit apart from the others (like a naughty schoolkid)without participating. They will not be getting any forms or info back from me.

I found the most depressing aspect the meek acceptance of my fellow conscripts. Some people really are sheep.

One more day to go.

I must be getting slow - the irony of being rejected from a course called "Overcoming Rejection" has just struck me.

One more day to go.

did you make some models out of a old newspaper and a corn flake box,

thats what we had to do before ,thaught i was back in nursery,

did you make some models out of a old newspaper and a corn flake box,

thats what we had to do before ,thaught i was back in nursery,

Fortunately not!

Just the same old codswallop on positive thinking/resilience. Plus a re-run of the original tick box assessment (Nothing changed in 2 years). Do a budget (yeah right - did that before and yes I know I'd have more money if I had a job (Doh!). A rundown of benefit cuts (some people remarkably ignorant on these). Do you have cv/letters/email/UJ account etc. etc.) Then the usual pep talk stuff - "finding a job is a full time job etc. etc." In other words

"It's your fault that you don't have a job. Do more searching. Send more letters. Knock on more doors etc. etc.!!!"

One more day.

I will try not to get a sanction doubt but a person can only take so much.

As far as I can tell it will be the majority of claimants originally mandated to the WP that will be effected by this, as the drones have failed spectacularly in getting claimants into work.

No blame will be apportioned to the pimps, no the blame will fall squarely on the shoulders of those that could not find job in the worst economic climate this country has seen for decades. Claimants will be subjected to brutal conditionality for the WP's failings.

Once again this government points the accusing finger at the disenfranchised whilst giving a pat on the back to the real culprits, if job seekers had not been wasting their time for two whole years on Micky Mouse schemes some of them might just have been employed by now.

If this intensive 'help' is so good and so necessary, why the hell is it not IN PLACE of the WP? Or is it as we all suspect just waffle and cheap window dressing to make it look like a failing DWP is actually doing something

Edited by citizenB

I must be getting slow - the irony of being rejected from a course called "Overcoming Rejection" has just struck me.

Even worse..... the Welfare To Work Clerk offering the presentation on "Overcoming Rejection" may not even realise that they are offering a public apology for their own failure, and that of their organisation.

In historical Japan, wouldn't Personal Honour only be served by the entire army committing sepaku?

Even worse..... the Welfare To Work Clerk offering the presentation on "Overcoming Rejection" may not even realise that they are offering a public apology for their own failure, and that of their organisation.

In historical Japan, wouldn't Personal Honour only be served by the entire army committing sepaku?

I don't think that possibility has registered. Off now to sit on the naughty chair for the rest of the day. Skills Audit- Whopeeee!!!

Intensive help seems to be a late idea as the WP is the total opposite of the success they expected

Personal honor is a concept many drones in my experience don't even recognize like courtesy,respect and empathy

"dealing with rejection" sounds like another typical waste of time course

Edited by citizenB

You're right Rebecca..DWP guidelines Section 6c 'Dishonourable Failure' clearly states that;

'In the event of failure to procure work for at least 80% of your participants, all staff will be required to commit ritual seppuku, after first completing the relevant 'Staff Exit' paperwork and returning it to DWP within 10 days. Bloodstained documents will not be acceptable. Clients have the right to a copy of the report and also to watch from a safe distance. The use of recording devices is allowed'

Bakatcha - that is indeed ironic, being rejected from a course on rejection - I salute you! :)

I have just found this interesting forum.

I have done the previous 2 DWP schemes (one included 13 weeks times 5 days in a room listening to my MP3 player...err I meant 'supervised job hunting' for 6 hours a day).

I am in week 102 of the work programme. I turned up to my pre-arranged meeting this morning (with Pathway2work, Walsall), to be told my meeting was cancelled, as I was to attend an exit review on Friday (14th June 2013), and a letter was in the post.

on returning home, a letter eventually came - posted yesterday. it made no mention of my appointment today, so I would still have to of gone, as my 4th advisor is in the middle of changing my CV, to look better (the 13th time in 3 years).

my reviews with pathway have ranged from every 2 weeks, to a gap of 3 months (on their part ), and then to every 4 or 5 weeks.. I have learned not to do their job - they are being paid, so they should know what they should be doing. :whoo:

my last but one advisor (of 4) mentioned he had over 200 clients, as did all his co-workers.:madgrin:

My exit review is going to be a group session, and will last an hour or so.:violin:

As for what happens next, time will tell... there is nothing (apart from getting a job) I can do to change anything, so I take the preverbal, and do everything to the letter of the various job centre legislation... including documenting the 6 daily (automated) job searches I do per day, with different agencies, on my job seeker record. :evil:

Got an appointment at jobcentre for july plus normal signing on the lady said

She didn't know about anything else happening

I was so happy that it's close to being over

I had the dopiest largest smile

I finih on the 28 june

I will be finishing with Ingeus some time early July, last week my appointment with my 7th advisor I was told I was getting a new advisor...my 8th I asked him why as I will be finishing soon, he said he was moving to a different section and that he had just been told that day (as all the advisors had been told) that after I am done on the work programme, I will be going back to the JC and there is a new programme where they send you out to work for free(work experience) for my JSA money. I had read somewhere this may be happening but that it was scrapped as it was against some rules, yet he has just been told last week it was going ahead. Do any guys/gals know if this is true or not?