work programme after 2 years

bcham
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3408 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i was told they were short of staff on saturday as only 2 in so would i change and have friday off instaed. i said i always do things on a saturday which ive done for years and most jobs saturdays and sundays are overtime paid at overtime rate. on my paperw ork from esg weekend are not mentioned at all just wekdays.

Then they are using you to fill jobs and not as 'extra' to their normal staff complement which is against the regs:

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/pg-part-p.pdf

3.15 Placements must be additional to any existing or expected vacancies. You must ensure that employers are not taking advantage of MWA as a source of labour at the expense of employing workers in the open labour market.

I suggest you show that to them and also complain to the Jobcentre.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then they are using you to fill jobs and not as 'extra' to their normal staff complement which is against the regs:

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/pg-part-p.pdf

3.15 Placements must be additional to any existing or expected vacancies. You must ensure that employers are not taking advantage of MWA as a source of labour at the expense of employing workers in the open labour market.

I suggest you show that to them and also complain to the Jobcentre.

nice one and thanks very much for your help as i hadnt a clue about this one. yesterady was my first day and about 2 o,clock i was just told im thinking about giving you friday off and getting you to come in saturday as we are really short of staff on saturday so at least i know now and thanks again.

another question please if some-one knows, how many times can they make you complete mwa ? reason i ask is mwa started in 2011 and supposed to end in 2015 and in 2011 i was put on a mwa for 4 weeks through pertemps so should i be on another now ?

another question please if some-one knows, how many times can they make you complete mwa ? reason i ask is mwa started in 2011 and supposed to end in 2015 and in 2011 i was put on a mwa for 4 weeks through pertemps so should i be on another now ?

The only requirement for MWA is that you are over 18 years old, there are no other limits. So they could, in theory, have you on permanent 4 week MWA stints one after another. But they are meant to improve your chances of getting work in some way so if you could argue that MWA does nothing to improve your employability that should be a reason not to do MWA of the same type over and over.

cannot post a link as i havent posted enough posts

however if you look up universal-jobmatch-comes-unstuck

on johnnyvoids site

you will be able to see the page

can someone link to it for me

the software works, however it only works through the first page of job searches,

and does not apply for jobs via 3rd party sites

however its early days yet :-D

Presumably, you meant: http://automation.strikenow.org.uk/

osdset had already given us the heads up on this in another posting - Of little use to me unless I install Google Chrome (damn ! yet another browser).

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

cannot post a link as i havent posted enough posts

however if you look up universal-jobmatch-comes-unstuck

on johnnyvoids site

you will be able to see the page

can someone link to it for me

the software works, however it only works through the first page of job searches,

and does not apply for jobs via 3rd party sites

however its early days yet :-D

Johnny Voids page http://johnnyvoid.wordpress.com/author/johnnyvoid/

Universal Automation app page http://automation.strikenow.org.uk/

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

curse you osdset! Beat me to it!

If enough people install and run this it will cause UJ to implode.

Just remember to turn it off when signing on. I have a horrible vision of someone sitting in front of a JCP adviser who is accessing the client's account and watching the applications happening as if by magic whilst the client sits opposite thumb twiddling. A new meaning for multi tasking?

The only limit is that the MWA must be no more than 75% of your agreed hours (the hours on your JSAg) and as that is 40 for most people it means they can't make you work more than 30 hours per week. But there's no regulation about which days you can or cannot work so they can make you work any day.

However, it sounds like they're using you to make up for lack of staff and that's not allowed.

As previously posted, the role could have been filled by an existing member of staff, or by someone recruited from the open market. I suggest that you continue, but courteously advise the organisation that in view of this, you will be reporting the company (both the placement company and assigning company) to HMRC for further investigation.

I was supposed to start my mandatory work activity today at 10am at the charity shop in Latchford Warrington

Having no money for bus fair my neighbour kindly agreed to take me and pick me up, we set of at 9.30 thinking it was plenty of time as its only 15 min away by car (2 buses on public transport though). I got there for 10.10am because of road works.

My neighbour came in the shop with me (wanted to be noisey) and as soon as I walked in and said I'm here for mandatory work activity, see started. You should of been here for 10. My neighbour said that's my fault has I drop her off, then the woman started having a go at him telling him to get me here on time, don't come for me till 4.30, tomorrow I need to get in for 9.30 blah blah blah. Told me to put my bag behind the desk and get in the back room and carried on having a go, embarrassing me and my neighbour. Really nasty she was

Well I told her to stick it telling her I don't want to be here, I've done lots of charity shops before working with people on community service and I shouldn't be punished for being unemployed and left

I've got back home and rang Learndirect who organised the thing to tell them I've walked out and they said they'll ring me back later when they get back to the office as their at the cat rescue shop now getting someone inducted.

The back room did seem packed from what I could see so god knows how many people they've taken and its only a tiny shop

God I feel like screaming!!

Edited by honeybee13

Emma078: I'd suggest posting your story to http://www.boycottworkfare.org/ - Maybe naming and shaming will improve the situation for future conscripts.

Be warned, you could be subjected to a sanction for walking out - In the past on other MWA schemes, there was a let-out clause that allowed a participant leave within the first few days. Need to check up on the latest rules.

They said I can use a computer and print stuff...

Treat it as an opportunity to print out all the DWP guidance notes and manuals.

Don't forget, if it is not your usual signing on day, you are entitled to a refund of travel expenses.

I was supposed to start my mandatory work activity today at 10am at the charity shop in Latchford Warrington

Having no money for bus fair my neighbour kindly agreed to take me and pick me up, we set of at 9.30 thinking it was plenty of time as its only 15 min away by car (2 buses on public transport though). I got there for 10.10am because of road works.

My neighbour came in the shop with me (wanted to be noisey) and as soon as I walked in and said I'm here for mandatory work activity, see started. You should of been here for 10. My neighbour said that's my fault has I drop her off, then the woman started having a go at him telling him to get me here on time, don't come for me till 4.30, tomorrow I need to get in for 9.30 blah blah blah. Told me to put my bag behind the desk and get in the back room and carried on having a go, embarrassing me and my neighbour. Really nasty she was

Well I told her to stick it telling her I don't want to be here, I've done lots of charity shops before working with people on community service and I shouldn't be punished for being unemployed and left

I've got back home and rang Learndirect who organised the thing to tell them I've walked out and they said they'll ring me back later when they get back to the office as their at the cat rescue shop now getting someone inducted.

The back room did seem packed from what I could see so god knows how many people they've taken and its only a tiny shop

God I feel like screaming!!

I would have flipped RIGHT OUT!

I've been mandated for MWA again, staring on Monday, but I got no money to get there, due to the Jobcentre not paying me to the day I last signed off a couple of weeks ago.

I'm thinking about signing off again on Friday, as I've been asked by two Recruitment Agencies to come in and see them, I've asked the Jobcentre if I could attend but they said 'no', I must go MWA.

Edited by honeybee13

I can just imagine 'MWA', for example, if I get a phone call from a job I applied for, whats the betting it will turn into a massive argument with the Placement and the Contractor for answering the phone!?

oh you answered the phone, thats against the rules, 6 month sanction.

Learndirect haven't rang me, like they said they would and I've not had any letters yet, so I don't know whats happening about me walking out of the charity shop. I'm due to sign on Wednesday.

Could phone if you are concerned about it? Or get the jobcentre to get off their arse and deal with it

I spend the odd week down there job searching, just to get away from the North from time to time. I worked in Great Yarmouth last year on a 6 month contract, Kinda reminded me of my hometown Blackpool! ;) lol

The less I say about Gt Yarmouth, the better lest I get castigated or banned :tape2:

Emma078

Be warned, you could be subjected to a sanction for walking out - In the past on other MWA schemes, there was a let-out clause that allowed a participant leave within the first few days. Need to check up on the latest rules.

OK. Checked the latest set of guidelines for MWA - Failure to Attend is cut and dry. Failing to start a placement or leaving without good cause is grounds for a benefit doubt being raised. "Good cause" is very limited in scope, for example, jury service. If a sanction was imposed, you could argue that Learndirect had failed in their duty to safeguard you contrary to DWP WP guidance, Chapter 3c:

Safeguarding the participant on work experience on a voluntary basis or community benefit work placements

51. Where you decide to offer work experience on a voluntary basis or a community benefit work placement you should ensure that:

• continued support is available to the participant, ensuring they are receiving appropriate help and support from the employer

• participants are engaged in a healthy and safe working environment (Further information can be found in DWP Generic Provider Guidance chapter 2 – Delivering DWP provision)

• the employer understands what is expected of them

• does not displace existing jobs

• the hours undertaken by the participant are reasonable according to their circumstances

• ensuring the work placement is suitable (Further information can be found in DWP Generic Provider Guidance chapter 2 – Delivering DWP provision)

Specific failings would be:

• ensuring they are receiving appropriate help and support from the employer
  • participants are engaged in a healthy and safe working environment
  • ensuring the work placement is suitable

Good luck on Wednesday...

Boot note:

Looks like I'll be visiting a major company close to Knutsford next month... Tempted to pay a visit to this cat rescue "charity" and do what I'm best at :madgrin:

I went to sign on today ready for a argument and to be in there for hours. But my advisor wasn't in, I just signed and left, nothing was mentioned about the charity shop. Just got to see if I've been paid on Monday now.

Learndirect haven't rang me and I've had no letters

I went to sign on today ready for a argument and to be in there for hours. But my advisor wasn't in, I just signed and left, nothing was mentioned about the charity shop. Just got to see if I've been paid on Monday now.

Learndirect haven't rang me and I've had no letters

You should be paid as normal. A sanction cannot be imposed until the matter has been referred to a Decision Maker, and before that referral takes place you should be given the opportunity to give your side of the story.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.