Govt Responce to UC and Vulnerable Claimants

stu007
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4097 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Just found this PDF on above interesting read:

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thanks that is interesting, on just a brief skim I see that the government is again reiterating that it will be providing more support for the most severely disabled (pg 15 and 16) by using the money it is already supposedly saving from payments for sickness and disability. I am concerned how much assistance will be given to those who are not in the most severely ill or disabled catagory but who would still find it very difficult to find or sustain employment. It looks like they just want to ignore any need these people may have.

They're already doing that, aren't they?

One thing I have discovered is that if you're disabled but are in the group who are expected to look for work, you won't get a disability premium like you do now. I thought we weren't meant to be worse off?

One thing I have discovered is that if you're disabled but are in the group who are expected to look for work, you won't get a disability premium like you do now. I thought we weren't meant to be worse off?

Which group is that? There isn't an ESA group where you are expected to look for work is there? I know there is a group where you have to attend appointments and courses and voluntary placements but hadn't heard that ESA claimants had to look for work so are you meaning JSA?

Which group is that? There isn't an ESA group where you are expected to look for work is there? I know there is a group where you have to attend appointments and courses and voluntary placements but hadn't heard that ESA claimants had to look for work so are you meaning JSA?

I meant JSA. Under UC, there will be a group like JSA. Currently a disabled job seeker can get the disability premium. Under UC, they won't.

and no crisis loans after april...so anyone in the reconsideration time at the mercy of dwp is basically banjaxed. just had cag email and read link from cab re social fund changes.

Government response: 32. The Government is keen that Universal Credit reflects the world of work, where 75% of people receive wages monthly.4 Paying in this manner will help smooth the transition into monthly paid work, encourage personal responsibility for finances and support claimants to budget on a monthly basis.

This Governments ideology of work work and more work is just getting beyond idiotic now many of the vulnerable people will find having a monthly payment difficult enough, and many more will not understand the UC rules and will need to be safe guarded in case of falling behind in rent arrears, how does the DWP know which type of vulnerable groups of people will most be effected by this change before its to late?

Edited by kAPPS

Yes work work and more work is this governments ideology.

So whats next?

All unemployed have an alarm clock set for six every morning? It will get the unemployed used to getting up in the morning and ready for work.

Then we will have.... Lunch at your local JCP or WP Yes thats right guys bring your sandwich box, pot noodle or salad along to a grubby room in JCP office. It will get the unemployed used to eating in a work environment and into the lunchntime routine and ready for work.

The skies the limit. This government is bonkers enough to do anything.

if they did the lunchtime thing with me they would see how bonkers I am in that kind of situation..could be enlightening for all somewhat of a training session in mental health.........I would likely get a stay in a quiet ward for a bit.

The reality is that UC is just a cover for reducing benefits even more, you keep more money if you work, but if you are disabled, have a disabled child or are a carer, then sorry.... Is also very bad for households with more than one disabled person in it, or more than one carer.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop