Potential RSI Work Claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4104 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right i have been suffering from RSI from work, standard mouse and keyboard stuff and work were aware of the situation.

Upon leaving recently i did not make my employers aware that i was going to potentially seek legal action, only going to proceed if im entitled.

Anyway upon leaving i was given a signed letter by my director (not signed by me), nor explained to me which stated the following:

"Please note that on acceptance of your final wage you agree that you do not hold any outstanding dues against (company name)"

Is this legal and can it protect them from any workplace injury claim? Was really peed when i finally read the letter. :-x

"Please note that on acceptance of your final wage you agree that you do not hold any outstanding dues against (company name)"

Hello there, welcome to the forum. Does it definitely say outstanding dues agains the company please? That sounds like an odd wording.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

he can say what he likes but it's not legally binding unless you signed something, as it is an unreasonable term.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

What is far more likely to stop your claim is a lack of evidence. What's to say you didn't cause the injury at home by eg video gaming or a rubbish chair? No ergonomic assessment, no doctor's report while at work, no request for reasonable adjustments = no opportunity for the company to act. Unless you have something saying the employers action or inaction caused the problem?

almost no chance of a claim succeeding I'd say, but try a no-win no-fee for a second opinion.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

What is far more likely to stop your claim is a lack of evidence. What's to say you didn't cause the injury at home by eg video gaming or a rubbish chair? No ergonomic assessment, no doctor's report while at work, no request for reasonable adjustments = no opportunity for the company to act. Unless you have something saying the employers action or inaction caused the problem?

almost no chance of a claim succeeding I'd say, but try a no-win no-fee for a second opinion.

Yeah alot of people have said need evidence, but there was also no training from my employers what so ever regarding computer use, breakage etc. Plus i advised my doctor that the pain initiated from work and progressed to other areas after months.

Agree with the above, but as a starting point, any claim investigation should be looking for specific Risk Assessments and policies held by the employer regarding workstations, display equipment etc, training records signed and agreed. Also whether there was previous documented evidence of complaints raised, injury recorded, sickness records associated with the injury.

Insofar as a disclaimer is concerned, absolutely would not stand up - especially as far as a H&S issue is concerned. Symptoms can sometimes not show immediately and can only be linked to the possibility of it being due to the nature of work some time later - for that reason there is a general three year time limit from the link being made in which to bring claims. Consider also cases of serious lung disease caused by asbestosis where it may be decades later that a link is made - liability cannot be absolved by a disclaimer.

You can refuse to sign the disclaimer and they still have to pay you otherwise you have a valid Tribunal claim for Unlawful Deductions!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!