switch from incapacity to esa

yummymam
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4104 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my boyfriend has been on incapacity benefit since breaking his back 16 years ago. He has not yet been assessed on ESA but if he moves in with me will he lose all benefit? I work fulltime. He is a proud man and it is destroying him to think he'd be totally reliant on me and can't can't support his daughter.

Are you saying he has already been switched to ESA and has been awarded it without having to attend a medical? Or is he expecting to be moved to ESA in the near future.

In any case, if he was on IB and is moved to ESA, he will likely be placed on the contribution based benefit, where your income will not be taken into account if he moves in with you. However, and this is important to note, ESA© is restricted to 365 days of payment for those who are placed into the Work Related Activity Group. The restriction does not apply to those placed in the Support Group.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

he has me so worried and sunk into a deep depression. He is just burying his head in the sand rather than picking up the phone to find out. He hasn't had a questionaire to fill out apparently so must not have been assessed. If I could find out for him I would but they obviously can't tell me anything. He hasn't spoken or held our baby in days.