style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4106 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi,

i had a loan with this company and managed to pay it up but they refuse to close my account.

i have a gambling problem and know at some stage i will take out another loan with them which

is why i asked them to close it and to never re-open it again

can they do this?:-x

regards

hunterandthehunted

They can keep it open, but if you request them to delete all your information under the DPA, they must comply. You could also make a complaint through the OFT as they would be in violation of their credit licence.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

hi,

i had a loan with this company and managed to pay it up but they refuse to close my account.

i have a gambling problem and know at some stage i will take out another loan with them which

is why i asked them to close it and to never re-open it again

can they do this?:-x

I would confirm it all in writing but you need to be serious about beating your gambling addiction. Good luck..

Ask them to quote the specif regulations that say they MUST keep your info despite you legally requesting them to remove them after your account has been closed.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D