TalkTalk, Cancellation and whether I should take them to court

L1882
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2722 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I know there are a number of talktalk threads but I couldn't find one that addressed our particular problem and I'm hoping somebody on here can help and advise.

The situation, in brief.

My girlfriend was with TalkTalk and had been for quite sometime.

She was not in any contract period etc.

she was moving house and decided to switch to BT after having had a dreadful quality of service for quite sometime,

including dreadful phone and broadband quality coupled with industry leading poor customer service practices.

after spending hours trying to find a way to cancel the service without ringing their expensive 087 numbers

she found an online form for cancellation and filled it in.

This led to a phone call during which she cancelled her contract giving one months notice.

So far so good.

She moved, BT did a fantastic job at the new property and all was well with the telecoms world.

she got some redirected mail which showed that talktalk were still billing for the line and hadn't disconnected the services.

I won't bore you with full details of what followed, you've read it all before.

Endless attempts to call,

transfered around departments,

hang ups and no help

with the upshot being talktalk claiming she needed to ring a week before the end to confirm she wanted to cancel.

We are now several months down the line and they are trying with the debt collector threats

- thank god she had the sense to cancel her DD immediately.

We already know there is no point talking to them,

we've tried writing a letter of complaint, all to no avail.

They claim she didn't cancel, we know she did and I'm confident any county court judge would interpret the contract in our favour.

Now to me it is clear this is simply a racket based upon the fact that enough people will simply cough up to make it worthwhile

but my girlfriend is less used to this than I am

(I've had my fair share of debt issues over the years and as they had destroyed my credit rating

I simply bin their letters and await the legendary doorstep collectors)

and she is a little worried about what to do next

- and this is where you all come in.

I'd like to simply issue some sort of claim in the small claims court for costs and distress but she just wants it to go away.

Are there any organisations we can go to who will deal with this or can you offer any additional advice, steps etc etc,

other than wasting more hours of your life on the phone to people who are a mixture of the unwilling and unable to help?

Thanks for reading.

well as long as her CRA file is clean

i'd ignore them all

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

DO you have hard copy of the cancellation form, you may ''know'' the account was cancelled but to prove it was you will need hard evidence, a judge will expect you to have it, and to have exhausted the talk talk complaints procedure and have received their final response to your complaint.

You have to make a Formal Complaint the company then has 56 days to reply/ uphold or refute your complaint. after which you then take what ever action you consider appropriate.

The big mistake here is trying to solve the problem on the phone customer (dis) service departments are staffed by people who don't have the authority to make decisions other than those laid down in their company script.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I don't think we have a copy of the email but I do think we have an email acknowledging receipt of our submission - I'd imagine in a court they'd have to produce the email they were acknowledging - which was generated by their own cancellation form. I will have to check this though.

• 3 years later...