style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I have searched high and low for information on whether my DRO would be stopped if I got a maintenance loan and grant when I start university this year but to no avail.

i've tried to get to the bottom of whether these loans and grants are classed as income and would it affect the dro but there is nothing.

Basically just this month I got my DRO through and it has dawned on me about income in general (i'm still shaky on the idea of getting a part time job whilst i'm in my current study at college) and since i have had my offers to numerous universities that means without my loans/grants I can't move and study at my preferred choice of university as the the loans and grants would be helping me with rent and living expenses.

anyone had a DRO and still got loans/grants from student finance? or anyone know anything about maintenance loans affecting someone's DRO? I don't want to find myself in a flat miles from home living on little and having my DRO stopped on top of that! Surely if it's for higher education means this should not affect it right?

You're meant to inform the offiicial receiver if you plan to borrowf more than £500. they would consider whether or not to terminate the DRO. You're also supposed to inform the SLC about the DRO.

The loan will take you over the £50 p/m disposable income. Here's the number of a debt charity who deals with DRO's.

They can advise you ( for free) save you ringing your own receiver, don't want to alert them of your intentions - just in case x

0800 138 1111... StepChange ( the number is free from mob too)

scotgal 