style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4081 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

when i signed for the first time at Ingeus the other day they took my job search diary off me, i got told its to check if i have done enough. does this mean they'll contact every the employer of every job i apply for and write on the diary? :S

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

when i signed for the first time at Ingeus the other day they took my job search diary off me, i got told its to check if i have done enough. does this mean they'll contact every the employer of every job i apply for and write on the diary? :S

Whereas you may show your Job Search Diary, there is no specific legislative enabler which requires you to provide contact details of any employer, nor for any Clerk within Ingeus to follow up on any application.

Whereas you may show your Job Search Diary, there is no specific legislative enabler which requires you to provide contact details of any employer, nor for any Clerk within Ingeus to follow up on any application.

they were jobcentre staff but they sign people on the WP in Ingeus.

no the diaries are used to check that you have taken enough steps each week to confirm that you are entitled to receive JSA as per your JSAg or Action Plan agreed by the work program.

ok thanks. i handed i 4 forms of vacancies i have aplied for, will that be enough?

I know I'm overdue an eye sight test but maybe I need to get around to it soonish. Completely misread the thread title as 'skiing while on the work programme' and thought that's an improvement in the courses available ... :madgrin:

I know I'm overdue an eye sight test but maybe I need to get around to it soonish. Completely misread the thread title as 'skiing while on the work programme' and thought that's an improvement in the courses available ... :madgrin:

lmao haha ive just had a thought of everyone trying to ski round the ingeus office xD

no the diaries are used to check that you have taken enough steps each week to confirm that you are entitled to receive JSA as per your JSAg or Action Plan agreed by the work program.

Woah, hang on a minute. I'm slightly confused now (easily done:-D )

@Flumps: You're not saying a WP Action Plan can take precedence over a JSAg are you?

Last time I was at WP they mentioned writing to 100 employers per week 'on spec' in an action plan. I'm NEVER going to agree to any action plans set by WP because they really are ludicrous and although I'm not happy with my JSAg (no choice in that either) I do try my best to meet most of the requirements of it. JC want me to write to 10 per week and visit 5 per week 'on spec' as well. That's never going to happen (pointless!) but its a lot more reasonable (wrong word) than the WP's plans.

If JC start using WP action plans as the basis for activities required to be 'actively seeking work' and therefore 'entitled...', us unemployed on WP are well and truly *@#'ed :madgrin:

Woah, hang on a minute. I'm slightly confused now (easily done:-D )

@Flumps: You're not saying a WP Action Plan can take precedence over a JSAg are you?

Last time I was at WP they mentioned writing to 100 employers per week 'on spec' in an action plan. I'm NEVER going to agree to any action plans set by WP because they really are ludicrous and although I'm not happy with my JSAg (no choice in that either) I do try my best to meet most of the requirements of it. JC want me to write to 10 per week and visit 5 per week 'on spec' as well. That's never going to happen (pointless!) but its a lot more reasonable (wrong word) than the WP's plans.

If JC start using WP action plans as the basis for activities required to be 'actively seeking work' and therefore 'entitled...', us unemployed on WP are well and truly *@#'ed :madgrin:

Contrary to any myth which others may believe in, the Job Seekers Agreement remains paramount, and candidates only have to attend the Work Programme until such time as the Job Seekers Agreement becomes invalid - say when a candidate secures employment, and signs off.

When candidates are assigned to the Work Programme, the handover meeting at Job Centre Plus develops an Action Plan for the candidate, which is then sent (together with personal data) to the pimp, together with a £400 attachment fee. However, although candidates may be required to attend meetings (if they dont, they will be liable for a sanction), and submit to Mandatory Activities, they are not required to sign any document (such as an Action Plan), drawn up by some poorly skilled and trained Welfare To Work Staffer.

Edited by RebeccaPidgeon
Additional Information Submitted

well ive just started the WP and last week was my first signing with them, as i mentioned in another thread they took my job search diary off me and i was told it was to see if i had done enough. i also heard one of the signing team mention that it had to reflect the full 4 weeks as you didn't have to sign over the christmas period.

i'm worried that i haven't done enough even though i handed in 4 forms of vacancies i have applied for, the 4th one was only half full plus they all were applied for through the internet.

will i face a sanction or am i worrying over nothing?

Firstly, why are you giving the WP your job diary? You don't have to give them this at all, only give to the person when you actually sign on, let them sign it then done.

Have you signed all the forms on the first appointment, if so you need to withdraw your consent for sharing of data immediately.

Check out this web site: http://consent.me.uk/

George

Firstly, why are you giving the WP your job diary? You don't have to give them this at all, only give to the person when you actually sign on, let them sign it then done.

Have you signed all the forms on the first appointment, if so you need to withdraw your consent for sharing of data immediately.

Check out this web site: http://consent.me.uk/

George

i signed a form allowing the provider to sent my c/v to other companies but i have since withdrew my consent. it wasn't the WP provider who took it it was jobcentre staff but since i'm on the WP ive got to sign at the providers instead of the jobcentre but ive been told the people signing are jobcentre staff.

If the signing team had decided that you didn't provide sufficent job search you would have been advised and further information would have been obtained either face to face or on an additional form and you would have been advised that a referral was going to be sent.

If the signing team had decided that you didn't provide sufficent job search you would have been advised and further information would have been obtained either face to face or on an additional form and you would have been advised that a referral was going to be sent.

would they have given me the form there and then or would it be sent through the post? they didn't say anything to me about a referal.

does anyone know what happens at the ingeus confidence workshop so i know what to expect? you don't have to talk in front of the group do you?

I am sure that the course will be a valuable opportunity.... to plebs working within Deloitte-Ingeus, and who cannot present themselves well to a group.

I am sure that the course will be a valuable opportunity.... to plebs working within Deloitte-Ingeus, and who cannot present themselves well to a group.

i'm not looking forward to it, will i have to speak in front of the group?

Joe, I never attended one whilst I was there but if my memory serves me correctly the workshop was more about methods and means of dealing with challenging situations.

If you would prefer not to speak then mention it to the person facilitating the group before you go in and don't worry about it. You may be asked to introduce yourself at the beginning but have a chat with the facilitator beforehand.