Dreams Faulty Bed - refusing to refund

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2894 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

I wonder if you can help.

I bought a bed from Dreams 2 years ago. It's an ottoman style bed and the pistons have failed twice in the past. The second time they failed Dreams sent an independent assessor to see if the bed was faulty and he told me the mattress I had been sold was too heavy for the pistons and that's why they kept failing. He said that as I had been sent the regular pistons by Dreams for him to fit he would fit them that day but that if they failed again to ask for the heavy duty pistons which would be better and last.

The pistons failed again last month (December 2012) and I contacted Dreams - to cut a long story short they are saying they don't have any heavy duty pistons for that bed but have offered me a replacement bed of a different style - I would have accepted that however they do not have an alternative style in brown leather - only black leather and cream leather - which will not go with the brown leather bedroom chair I have bought.

I asked if they could replace just the mattress for a lighter one as this may solve they issue but they have refused and said that the mattress isn't faulty so they are not obliged to exchange it.

My arguement is that the mattress is too heavy for the bedstead and I don't want to take a different colour bedstead but they are insisting that is all they will offer me.

Has anyone had similar problems with Dreams or can anyone please advise me how to proceed. Ideally I would just like a refund ( I paid £1,200 for the bedstead and mattress) and then I can buy something suitable elsewhere as they don't have any brown leather bedsteads to replace this one.

Thank you in advance for any help/advice you can give me :)

P

You don't seem to have any problem with their product per se - so it seems that we have another example of a decent firm spoiling the ship for a ha'porth of customer service.

Probably some jobs-worth who thinks that they are in such a danger of having one pulled over them that they would rather trash the company reputation rather than arrange a sensible compromise.

You bought the bed as one entire unit and therefore Dreams are not entitled to treat the mattress separately. If the entire unit is failing then Dreams have a responsibility either to repair the unit to a satisfactory quality or to provide you with a satisfactory alternative - with some deduction for the two years use you have had from the original product.

This means that they could supply and fit new pistons but as it seems that the new pistons are not up to the job - this would not amount to a satisfactory repair because they will fail again in a year.

They must either find the correct pistons or else find some other remedy - or else refund you the unexpired value of the bed (how long does a bed last ... 10yrs?).

What is the value of the mattress you have suggested?

What was the cost of the bed new?

What is the cost of an equivalent replacement bed now?

I have to say that I don't like the sound of your bedroom one little bit.

I hope you never invite me back to your place. Either that, or we'll keep the lights off.

Hi,

Thanks for your input :)

The bedstead cost me £599 and they have offered me an alternative which costs £499. I don't know the cost of a replacement lighter mattress but I paid £600 for the mattress I currently have. They have refused to give me a lighter mattress on the grounds that it isn't faulty but I am in agreement with you that the bed was sold to me as a whole unit and would like to know if I legally have a right to request a refund on the whole bed as it is not fit for purpose?

The bed has a 10 year warranty.

Lol - why do you not like the sound of my bedroom - it's beautiful :)

I think that you should find out the cost of a lighter mattress - as long as it is acceptable to you - and then we can work out what the options are.

Do that can come back here

• 2 months later...
I think that you should find out the cost of a lighter mattress - as long as it is acceptable to you - and then we can work out what the options are.

Do that can come back here

Hello,

Thank you for your email.

Dreams have now supplied me with a lighter mattress and refunded me the difference in cost between the mattresses - so all has been resolved to my satisfaction.

They have just fitted new pistons - which I'm hoping will now last - if they don't I am going to have to return the bed as it's a real pain not being able to get into the things I store under the bed every time the pistons go.

Kind regards,

P

Thanks for the update.

I'm pleased that it turned out well for you.

Let us know how it goes after the mattress has seen some action.

• 3 years later...

I purchased a Titanium tv bed from dreams i have complain to the shop that the mattress doesn't fitted the bed and my pillows keep falling down the back of the bed i was told this so i can change the bedding. last month the slats broken at the end of the bed and side rail broken contacted dreams they sent out an independent assessor he couldn't even lift the mattress up off the bed my husband had to help him took a couple of pictures and send a letter a week later saying it the fault of customer he said it was heavy downward impact or pressure to cause this damage and said customer said they only lying on the bed but i i also sit on the end of the bed.The bed is just one year old with 10 years warranty and i paid# 3,317.00 on a loan and i cant sleep on my side of the bed as it collasped.

thread is 3yrs old

best you start a new thread

of your own

you wont get seen here

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...