NRAM possession hearing - 12 Feb 2013.

quinlami
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4153 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Ell-enn/all,

NRAM are taking me to court on 12 Feb 2013 for possession of my property. I have read your very helpful guide titled 'Dealing with the threat of Repossession or Eviction' and have picked up several tips in order to put forward my defence.

My circumstances are that due to depression (for which I was on medication) I was unable to maintain my (self-employed) business and fell into arrears (about £4,500 on a monthly payment of £898 (interest only) at the moment). I am currently actively looking for work and claiming benefits for my wife and I.

I have no current income (and savings that are heading towards zero) before the benefits kick in (which shdould take a few weeks from here) so I am not able to maintain my current contractual mortgage payment (or work to clear the arrears) until I get a job (hopefully in the next few months).

Other than following your guide (i.e. showing evidence of my illness that caused my work issues and a copy of a recorded delivery letter I am writing to NRAM tomorrow (referencing conversations I have had with them)) is there anything else you would recommend I give to the court before the hearing that would be beneficial for me?

Is the fact that I cannot offer payments to NRAM at the moment until benefits/job kicks likely to be quite bad news for me via the court?

Many thanks.