DPD smashed parcel

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4153 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I ordered a honey and bee pollen from Bulgaria worth £300. The sender is a shop there. He took the parcel to Bulgarian firm Speedy, they checked the contain, accepted the way the parcel is packaged and took it from there. I paid in advance for all of that. The shop does not operate policy to refund money abroad. In the end of the day they have kept their part of the deal - sent me the package with everything inside.

The package went smooth - I checked online tracking page of Speedy-Bulgaria. In Germany, where the parcel had to be given to DPD the parcel suddenly stopped for a week. I started to call DPD and pursue the package. They messed up for more than a week. Finally the package was delivered to me - with new box, new seal and all the content smashed, broken and unusable, like train went over it. All inserted in a big plastic bag, like a corpse. All for the bin. On the parcel there was no name , not house number, just my street's name. I made pictures and complaint immediately. They answered me that they will look into that, and did not contact me for another 14 days. I called them again, threatened them with a court, they answered me back politely in email, that they have to contact the sender, and if he makes a claim- they will pay him some compensation.

The sender is a shop, not using English and will not make a claim, he does not operate under UK jurisdiction. Even if he does make a claim - he is not obligated to send me the money. DPD does not admin liability, although I told them, that they would not accept the parcel this way from Speedy, and even if they do- will not wrap it up in DPD packaging, so obviously the smashing is their fault.They do not acknowledged me as the owner of the parcel. I have my bank statement to prove, that I paid all in advance, but...is it enough? The sender has nothing to do with DPD, and I wonder how would they give him money at all, he did not sent the package using them in the end of the day!

I am very frustrated.

What should I do?