can people on benefits get an argos card?

joeski
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4170 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i would think thats 90% of their customers

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It's like any other store card...you do usually have to be employed, I'm afraid. Might get one if you've got a good credit history though.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

Probably. But, personally speaking, why? I don't see the sense of getting into debt when on a low fixed income. But that is just my own view ...

Well that's the whole point. Nowadays you must go into debt because you're on a low income.

My fear is that one year down the line somebody will ask this question: "I'm unemployed. Why do I have to get an Argos Card?"

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

... Nowadays you must go into debt because you're on a low income ...

Oddly enough, for me, the opposite is true. Since having to rely on benefits I have regressed to a complete old fashioned mindset. If I can't afford it I don't have it there and then and save up instead. I don't have any credit cards or store cards and can exist quite happily without them. They are, in my view, quite unnecessary.

Oddly enough, for me, the opposite is true. Since having to rely on benefits I have regressed to a complete old fashioned mindset. If I can't afford it I don't have it there and then and save up instead. I don't have any credit cards or store cards and can exist quite happily without them. They are, in my view, quite unnecessary.

I agree, Rae, I operate on that principle too.

I think the suggestion I might make, if it's practical for someone's circumstances, is to look at the local credit union, who I believe are ethical people. But you have to have saved money before you can borrow.

You should be able to find them via the interweb.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum