RLP LETTER All advise welcome .

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4115 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They are trying to say that CAG is misleading you. yet is was us that helped you contact the store and resolve your problem without any interference from RLP. They always wanted you to pay THEM the money. Once you ignored them and did things the right way, as you did, they got mad.

Hi ,

I think the bit im referring to is the bit on second page two sentences, you'll see not got paper with me at moment.

Thanks.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea i read that letter from RLP. Honestly i would advise ignoring it. As would any solicitor/CAB rep etc etc.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Yes I fully agree its just I thought useful for you and others to be able to view papers , seeing it maybe of help to others.

I have moved on and with great advice I say GREAT ADVICE FROM CAG , had to put that because your site was I believe invaluable and contri to rlp great advice.

I hope the letters will be of use to many out there whom think its all doom and gloom its NOT .

Oh its useful. No doubt the admins here will keep it in mind along with any other letters that come along :)

Again, well done for getting rid of these muppets. They dont like it when you stand up for yourself and do things the LEGAL way, not the way RLP do things.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Oh its useful. No doubt the admins here will keep it in mind along with any other letters that come along

Again, well done for getting rid of these muppets. They dont like it when you stand up for yourself and do things the LEGAL way, not the way RLP do things.

Thanks again, I just hope people do take the advice given here and stick to what they have been told.

It must be a bit disheartening when you and others have done so ,to get them do otherwise or pay up under pressure how wrong , when there is plenty of great researched solid advice.

Thank you all , and if there's people out there worrying about what may or not happen read this thread or kindly ask the very knowledgeable people on this forum, they DO know what there on about but stick to the advice .

Thanks again all, il be watching for others even just to say yes you can WIN .

That letter exposes the writer's bullying tendencies:

- the laborious justifications of RLP's actions

- the (incorrect as to fact) suggestions of a campaign against them - a classic bullying tactic, to pretend that they're the victim

- the grandiose pretence that RLP's business is a crime reduction tactic rather than a profit-making speculative invoicing scheme

- the suggestion that RLP is somehow endorsed by ACPO - RLP must have forgotten that ACPO made RLP remove a misleading document from their website

- the absurd idea that where you get advice is anything other than entirely a matter for you, and certainly not RLP's business

- the risible suggestion that the Oxford case is irrelevant

All in all, the majority of the letter itself is entirely irrelevant, as RLP must know. All they had to say was 'thanks for your letter, we've now been told to drop the matter. Sorry for troubling you with our tiresome drivel.'

It is, though, not in the nature of the bully to admit they are ever wrong, or to apologise. That lack of conscience shines through.

I don't believe anyone here is prosecuting a campaign against RLP's staff; far from it. I suspect that most, like me, feel sorry that anyone should be driven to be involved in such a morally repugnant business, whether from greed or personality defect. However, because of the way that others are affected, it is important to continue to highlight their practices and assist those targeted by RLP.

None of us condones shoplifting, but we believe strongly that the proper authorities, i.e. the criminal justice system should deal with it, and not some sort of parasitic parallel system which targets many who are vulnerable for various reasons and indulges in what the Law Commission referred to as 'aggressive and misleading' practices.

That letter exposes the writer's bullying tendencies:

- the laborious justifications of RLP's actions

- the (incorrect as to fact) suggestions of a campaign against them - a classic bullying tactic, to pretend that they're the victim

- the grandiose pretence that RLP's business is a crime reduction tactic rather than a profit-making speculative invoicing scheme

- the suggestion that RLP is somehow endorsed by ACPO - RLP must have forgotten that ACPO made RLP remove a misleading document from their website

- the absurd idea that where you get advice is anything other than entirely a matter for you, and certainly not RLP's business

- the risible suggestion that the Oxford case is irrelevant

All in all, the majority of the letter itself is entirely irrelevant, as RLP must know. All they had to say was 'thanks for your letter, we've now been told to drop the matter. Sorry for troubling you with our tiresome drivel.'

It is, though, not in the nature of the bully to admit they are ever wrong, or to apologise. That lack of conscience shines through.

I don't believe anyone here is prosecuting a campaign against RLP's staff; far from it. I suspect that most, like me, feel sorry that anyone should be driven to be involved in such a morally repugnant business, whether from greed or personality defect. However, because of the way that others are affected, it is important to continue to highlight their practices and assist those targeted by RLP.

None of us condones shoplifting, but we believe strongly that the proper authorities, i.e. the criminal justice system should deal with it, and not some sort of parasitic parallel system which targets many who are vulnerable for various reasons and indulges in what the Law Commission referred to as 'aggressive and misleading' practices.

Thank you for that , very well put , im sure many many others would fully agree with what you have written.

Thank you for adding that sums it up nicely.

Regards deltapete.